H4 to F1 VISA

chennaigirl

Hi everyone ,

I am in the US for about a year & 3 months now on a H4 Visa , & want to pursue MS degree ,

My question is :-

since i would have met the residency criteria after changing to F1, can i still pay as in state fees or will my fees pattern change .

Secondly my husband is also pursuing a part time MS , will that affect in any way while applying for an F1 VISA?

thanks in advance

chennaigirl

I do not think so

Since you are in a "VISA"... H4. You will NOT be eligible for in-state tution fees. You will pay international tution fee...

First of all to get education, there is no need to covert H4 to F1 unless you have any specific reasons to do so. Person on H4/l2 etc can also get the same education as of F1 student.
To get more information about how to get education on H4 or nay other Visa read this:'

www.path2usa.com/H4edu.htm

Also, if you are on F1 there will be more Fee, as compare to the resident of a particular state on some other visa.

F1 visa do facilitate some earning with some limitations and conditions.

Even if you convert the visa from H4 to F1. You have to get it stamped Outside of USA. with usa you cant get visa stamping when you change from one visa to other type.

Note: Its not a legal advise.

As far as I know you should be currently on H1 or H4 to be able to pay in-state fee.
On F1 visa you are suppose to pay out of state fee.