H4 stamp in Chennai: Friends Please help

GCWanted

Registered Users (C)
hi everybody,
Next month I am going to India for my marriage and I will be there only
for 7 to 9 days.

Do you think if we go to consulate personally for H4 visa, will they issue
it? I am having my H1 valid for another 2 yrs so need only H4 for my wife.

The mailing process will take time, so I am exploring the option of going
there personally. Any suggestions/help appreciated.

Thanks to everybody.

It takes anywhere between 9- 15 days for stamping

As per my knowledge Chennai consulate only takes h1 or h4 visa application through drop box. so going personally will not help. You need to use drop box. For me it took 12 days using drop box in Nov. 2001.

Hope this helps.

For KMurthy

K Murthy, do you live in Chennai? I mean, was the delay because of courier or because of slow processing of US Consulate?

Appriciate your feedback.

It takes only 5 working days provided ....

Hi,

I got a H4 in the beginning of Jan 2002. TT Services told me that it would take around 8-10 business days for the consulate to process the visa. However, I went ahead with the submission process making sure to include a copy of the tickets of my spouse. The visa was issued on the 5th day and it reached me on the 6th day by courier (from TT services) to a city outside Chennai.

Hence the 8-10 days is for non-priority processing and they are always ready to consider any request for priority processing provided you can provide some proof for the same.

Good luck..

Raj

No Title

Important- Marraige Certificate, Atleast 5 main Marraige Photos, LAst 3 paystubs, bank certificate, employment letter, h1b visa.