h4 issue, please help ..

contactreddi

Registered Users (C)
Guys, can you please respond to me if you know anthing about this.

I am on 7th year extension and 7th year extensin was filed from two compaies and both got approved(even h4 approved). I am still continung with the old company which i am working from past 4 years, but the other company who filed my 7th year extension withdrawn thier h1 application, so i got a letter from INS saying that h4 will be denied. But we already have h4 with present company whcich is good until next one year. I am not sure what I should do, Should i just ignore the letter from INS or should i respond them back.

I would really appreciate if someone can help me ...

You guys should be fine with your current H1 and H4. I hope you will get confirmation from others too.

Thanks for your reply, but i got this letter a week back and i am wondering whether i should update INS saying that we have a valid visa until next one year ...

Just call that 800 number in that and say you are continuing with same employer and H1 and you didn't join the new employer. And also mention about H4 at that time. They will confirm with you.

satgym73 said:
Just call that 800 number in that and say you are continuing with same employer and H1 and you didn't join the new employer. And also mention about H4 at that time. They will confirm with you.
-1-800 is of no use they dont know anything about immigration law /regulations better to cantact lawyer.

contactreddi said:
Thanks guys for the response, Should i respond to INS for sure,( is that manditory) or can i ignore the letter ,

ensuring that the H4 with current lawyer is valid and hence, the person using it is in status, can save one from tonnes of future grief if it turns out that the present H4 was not valid.

I personally think you are ok, but i would still double check through USCIS (I don't know how) or with the help of a lawyer

Last edited by a moderator:
H4 to F1 change of status

Hi Everyone,

I am currently on H4 status and want to change my status to F1.

1) If I apply for change of status to F1 will my H4 status become invalid as soon as I apply for F1 status?

2) If my application gets rejected for F1 status do I still have H4 status or I am out-of status?