H4 -> H1B COS - SSN - Shutdown Impact

dvlottery2014

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My wife came to US on H4 and got H1b this year which is started form Oct 1, 2013. COS effective date is Oct 1st. But SSN office is now closed due to shutdown.

- How does her employer generate pay slip without her SSN? I know if they havent generate her pay slip then she can be out of status.
-What other options do we have? Please advise.

You wife can speak to her employer explaining her situation. You can ask your wife to request her employer to contact SSN Customer Service , to help.You can reach them by calling 1-800-772-1213.

DISCLAIMER: The confidential information provided in this memorandum is for information purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice.The reader should consult with an immigration attorney before acting in reliance on any such information

Hi,

My wife came to US on H4 and got H1b this year which is started form Oct 1, 2013. COS effective date is Oct 1st. But SSN office is now closed due to shutdown.

- How does her employer generate pay slip without her SSN? I know if they havent generate her pay slip then she can be out of status.
-What other options do we have? Please advise.