H2B visa stamped and next day declared invalid by US consulate Mumbai

baseurtrust

I have a bitter experience from the US consulate Mumbai, and am in a terror shock recovering from it. Just a couple of days back i had taken an appointment for a personal interview and at the end was told that they will get back to me very soon once all administrative process for the Non Immigrant visa application is completed. All the same my curiosity overtook me and i requested to know as to whether i had passed the interview. The lady officer then told me that i will have to wait as they have to check with my sponsors if they still require my services. Once i get an e mail i would then be directed to VFS office Mumbai for stamping of the visa.

Very much to my surprise the very next day of my interview a confirmed email was sent to me and i was told to come with the yellow letter given to me and the passport. I did the needful and as i was wanting to leave to Goa as this is my home town, i gave alternate address in Mumbai for passport delivery. The passport did come after 3 working days with a valid US consulate stamp visa for a year with all perfect details only to hear the very next day of delivery from my relatives in Mumbai that there was a call asking my whereabouts and whether myself has receive the passport by courier whereby my aunt said that they did receive. She was then strictly informed to tell me that the so called visa stamped is not a VALID VISA, ant that i cannot travel on the said visa, and if i do they have all ports informed of the same. My relatives then asked the caller the reason for invalidity in a days time and that too after sending him the e mail stating administrative processing was complete. The caller stated that they need no reason to clarify but to just inform me in Goa to come to Mumbai as there is technical error with passport at the US consulate at a particular given so called Extension No which has to be told at the entry point at the Mumbai Consulate.

My relatives then after calling me i lost all hopes to leave for the US. I immediately call my agents in Mumbai, and told them the incident. The agent told me to hold on till the evening. Later that day my agent did call me stating that they had sent a mail to my sponsors ( A 5 star hotel) in Pheonix, and that they have replied that they do not need my services any longer, as they also have recession in the US (wonder really how true)

I am now waiting and i am open to suggestion and advices from all you good people, as to what steps have i to venture on---- be it legally from attorneys i may have to employ or whatever suggestion you may advice.

Thanks

baseurtust

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a bitter experience from the US consulate Mumbai, and am in a terror shock recovering from it. Just a couple of days back i had taken an appointment for a personal interview and at the end was told that they will get back to me very soon once all administrative process for the Non Immigrant visa application is completed. All the same my curiosity overtook me and i requested to know as to whether i had passed the interview. The lady officer then told me that i will have to wait as they have to check with my sponsors if they still require my services. Once i get an e mail i would then be directed to VFS office Mumbai for stamping of the visa.

Very much to my surprise the very next day of my interview a confirmed email was sent to me and i was told to come with the yellow letter given to me and the passport. I did the needful and as i was wanting to leave to Goa as this is my home town, i gave alternate address in Mumbai for passport delivery. The passport did come after 3 working days with a valid US consulate stamp visa for a year with all perfect details only to hear the very next day of delivery from my relatives in Mumbai that there was a call asking my whereabouts and whether myself has receive the passport by courier whereby my aunt said that they did receive. She was then strictly informed to tell me that the so called visa stamped is not a VALID VISA, ant that i cannot travel on the said visa, and if i do they have all ports informed of the same. My relatives then asked the caller the reason for invalidity in a days time and that too after sending him the e mail stating administrative processing was complete. The caller stated that they need no reason to clarify but to just inform me in Goa to come to Mumbai as there is technical error with passport at the US consulate at a particular given so called Extension No which has to be told at the entry point at the Mumbai Consulate.

My relatives then after calling me i lost all hopes to leave for the US. I immediately call my agents in Mumbai, and told them the incident. The agent told me to hold on till the evening. Later that day my agent did call me stating that they had sent a mail to my sponsors ( A 5 star hotel) in Pheonix, and that they have replied that they do not need my services any longer, as they also have recession in the US (wonder really how true)

I am now waiting and i am open to suggestion and advices from all you good people, as to what steps have i to venture on---- be it legally from attorneys i may have to employ or whatever suggestion you may advice.

Thanks

baseurtust[/QUOTE]

Thanks

baseurtust
[/QUOTE]

I'm really sorry to hear that, however if I were you being that I SIGNED a valid contract for a job and a certain period given for me to work, I would seek some legal advice and also try to get in touch with the hotel. I also would ignore the call and proceed on my way to the US as I was NOT formally notified of any discrepancies.

H2B visa stamped

Thanks so much for the strength given by your reply, but let me inform you that the very next day of my receiving my passport by courier they informed (consulate) my relatives that please come back to the consulate with the passport since there is some technical error, i then called my agent and he told me that yes the company has canceled my petitions. I am all confused as to whom to approach legally in Bombay, India.

thanks
antonio:confused: