H1B Working Visa-Important FAQs(3)

h1bdiy

Registered Users (C)
Need H-1B? Please go to http://www.h1bdiy.com/
Save tons of time, energy and money!

Q.What is the difference between H-1B status and H-1B Visa?
A: An H-1B Visa is a nonimmigrant Visa issued by a U.S. Embassy or Consulate abroad. H-1B status is a nonimmigrant status issued by the USCIS to foreign nationals already residing in the U.S. or upon entry with an H-1B Visa: Legal status allows you to stay legally within the U.S. while a Visa allows you to seek entry into the U.S. legally.

Q.I have been fired recently while on H-1B status. Can I remain legally in the U.S. by changing status to another nonimmigrant Visa category?
A: Yes, you may apply for Change of Status to another nonimmigrant Visa category for which you qualify. USCIS officers have been allowed to exercise their discretion to grant you another nonimmigrant status, if you apply for change of status within 10 days after you are fired.

Q. What is the new 'displacement' or 'no lay-off' attestation rule?
A: There are two new 'displacement' attestations that apply to H-1B dependent employers: The first requires the employer to attest that he did not displace and will not displace a U.S. worker employed by the employer within the period beginning 90 days before and ending 90 days after the filing of the H-1B petition based on the Labor Condition Application. The second requires the employer to attest that he will not place the H-1B worker with another employer where:
• The H-1B worker performs duties in whole or in part at one or more worksites owned, operated and controlled by the other employer
• There are employment relationships with the other employer, unless the petitioning employer has inquired of the other employer and has no knowledge that the other employer has displaced or intends to displace another U.S. worker

Q. What factors determine the prevailing wage for an H-1B beneficiary?
A: Relevant factors in determining prevailing wage include:
• Job title
• Educational and work experience requirements
• Job duties
• Job location
• Labor contract terms

Q.How do I revalidate my H-1B Visa?
A: Getting H-1B status and getting your Visa stamped are two different things that are often confused. Getting H-1B approval implies that you are authorized to work in the U.S. and getting Visa stamped implies that your passport has been authorized to enter the U.S. Usually H-1B authorizations are issued for a period of three years and the date stamped on your passport would be close to this period.

Need H-1B? Please go to http://www.h1bdiy.com/
Save tons of time, energy and money!