H1B Transition & Travel Concerns Post-Termination

rajatbhatt

Hello Mr. Rajiv,

I was selected in the H1B lottery this year, and I have received my I-797 approval notice. However, my company implemented a 25% staff reduction, and I was affected. Despite this, they will keep me on payroll until November 8th. I had planned a trip to India for my passport stamping and my wedding, with a return date of December 3rd, 2024.

My questions are:

1. Will I still be able to transition to H1B status given that my termination date is November 8th?
  2. What are my options if I travel to India and plan to return on December 3rd or later?

Hello Mr. Rajiv,

I was selected in the H1B lottery this year, and I have received my I-797 approval notice. However, my company implemented a 25% staff reduction, and I was affected. Despite this, they will keep me on payroll until November 8th. I had planned a trip to India for my passport stamping and my wedding, with a return date of December 3rd, 2024.

My questions are:

1. Will I still be able to transition to H1B status given that my termination date is November 8th?
  2. What are my options if I travel to India and plan to return on December 3rd or later?
Also, am I legally eligible to travel & return back from India before November 8th, If I can pre-pone the arrangements?