H1B transfer with I140

w_harry

Hi,

I have read many forums & still wanted to present my case. I am on 5th year of H1 with around 18 months to go for 6th year. My 140 is approved on Dec 2010, with PD dates of July 2010.

I am working with A company which holds my H1. Now I got the offer from another co. The offer is contract to Hire. For first 3+ months recruiting co ( Co. B) will hold my H1 and than once I confirmed, the final client ( Co. C) will absorb my H1 and start GC.

(1) I have read from many forums that with 140 approved, one can get 3 yrs extension. I my case when i apply for H1 transfer with B, I might get 3 yrs ext. But when I will be doing transfer to C, would I still be getting 3 yrs.

(2) Also let's assume, considering the current issues at USCIS, I will get only 1 yr H1 (with Client letter etc issues) with Co B. When I re apply to transfer to C, can I still use 140 to get 3 yrs extension as that would be full time job with end client. In short can 140 be used with 2 new employer or can only be used with next employer (in this case B).

I know this is complex scenario, but any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards
Harry