H1B Transfer Question

h1b140

I am on H1B valid visa. My validity expires in Mar 2015. I am planning to change my current employer A. I already have an approved I-140 from them, which was approved in Mar 2013 so I have the following questions.

1. If I transfer my H1B VISA, Will I be getting the same validity duration or it may change depending upon the project and other specifications o the new employer B?

2. If I am successfully on Employer B’s payroll after the transfer so will they have to file my I-140 petition again if Employer A doesn’t revoke that. I have heard that if the I-140 petition has been approved for 6 months or more then the new company just needs to file your I-140 again for the purpose of Employment Verification Letter for 485 and NOT the labor certification so you save that time and priority date remains the same too?

Any idea folks?

1. you can get 3 years H1B using I-140 of employer A.

2. that is not true. You have to go thru the entire process of PERM and I-140 application again. If your I-140 is revoked by previous employer, you still will be able to keep the priority date. But employer B will still have to go thru the entire process.