H1B transfer premium processing-Security check

bholu

I am currently on H1B with company A in USA and I have applied for a H1B transfer to a company B on premium processing on Nov 17, 2008. The attorney advised us that my case has gone into a security check. I have received the receipt notice from the USCIS and it shows a status of "Case received and pending" on the USCIS website. My questions are:

1. How long will it take for the security clearance to be done and a decision to be made on my petition?

2. Can I start working with company B now?

3. Is there any chance that after security clearance, my H1B transfer petition can be denied although company B belongs to the same industry as company A?

4. I had traveled to Mexico over the Thanksgiving weekend for a short trip and returned back on the same weekend after applying for H1B transfer. My I-94 details have changed because of this trip. Does this affect my H1-B transfer at all?

5. My wife is with me on H4. I have'nt applied for her H4 transfer yet. Should I apply for it now or shall I wait for my H1-B approval and then apply for her H4 transfer?

I am really tensed about this now. Please help.

Do not change company till H1B is approved.

Security Check can be as long as 6 months to one year. Also in some cases USCIS is giving this as just a reason to delay the case.

Also since your I-94 is changed, you can not join the company B on the receipt notice. Check with attorney if you want to join Company B. I would suggest you to talk to different attorney than the Company B attorney.

Cbalas is right ..nowadays all these guys are sending premiun processing cases to Security Checks that needs 6-8 months to come through ...Any body getting their Premium cases in Security check pla share exps..