H1B transfer and Canada visit. Please Help !!!


Registered Users (C)
I have H1-B visa stamped (old company) on my visa and expires in 2003. I joined another company and H1-B visa petition got approved. But, Passport does not have the new Visa. Can I travel to Canada and come back to USA using the old VISA stamp? Could someone please help me?

tt tt

Registered Users (C)
Yes you can . I did so 3 times last year.

If you have a valid H1 visa, white I-94 and I-797 approval notice from the new company...you are ok. The old company\'s name on the visa has no meaning. I have been told this at toronto airport , at blaine, washington and at the peace bridge, buffalo.
Carry a few paystubs and recent emplyment verification letters just to be safe and don apply for a visa in canada