H1B to H4 - Problem

LongLongAgo

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I am on a H1B Visa , got converted from H4. I am still yet to find a Job.
I have to go to India during march and i need to stamp my visa at chennai consulate. I have not received a single pay stub from my company. My questions are..

1. If i get paystubs by paying money to my company holding visa, will i be able to get my h1 successfully stamped ( from chennai, i have an appointment also)

2. If I convert to H4, is there a possibility that my H4 would get rejected because i converted to H1 and i was without job throughtout.

Would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks
LongLongAgo...

LongLongAgo said:
Hi

I am on a H1B Visa , got converted from H4. I am still yet to find a Job.
I have to go to India during march and i need to stamp my visa at chennai consulate. I have not received a single pay stub from my company. My questions are..

1. If i get paystubs by paying money to my company holding visa, will i be able to get my h1 successfully stamped ( from chennai, i have an appointment also)

2. If I convert to H4, is there a possibility that my H4 would get rejected because i converted to H1 and i was without job throughtout.

Would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks
LongLongAgo...

First of all since you have not stampped your h4 to h1. You are still in h4 status. Just having h1 approved does not necessarily changes your status unless you get it stampe.

Thanks
DD

If s/he filed change of status and it was approved, s/he is on H1 status even w/o stamp. If s/he did not file change of status and just H1 was approved, s/he is on H4 now.

Thanks Guys,

I did not file for any change of status, technically i am on H4, that's what you meant right, but just one quick stupid question, can i start working only after i get stamped ?..

Thanks
LongLongAgo

If you are on H4 status, you must be H1 "status" before you start to work.
How you can be H1 status is as one of the followings.
1) Apply change of status from H4 to H1. If that is approved, you do not need stamp to start working.
2) Without change of status, only way you'll be H1 status is going out of the US and get H1 stamp and re-eneter the US with H1 stamp.