H1B still pending

sand500

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I applied for my H1B (fresh) in April with the Vermont center. I have a receipt with a receipt date of Apr 25. So far, the status remains in "Application Received and Pending". The processing timeframe for H1B for Vermont is listed as "2 months" - so it is beyond the timeframe they suggest.

Have other people started getting the H1B approvals? Or are there still people with pending cases with Vermont?

Is this still within the timeframe where I can continue to wait for their action? Or it it time for me to initiate an enquiry into my case status?

Please help.

Thanks!

I am in the same boat as you are. Fresh H1 was applied with receipt date April 24. Still haven't received H1 approval as of October 13.

Applied in April last week, got query in august, still pending and waiting as of October 13.

Hi, could you please share how you get information on your case? Do you mean you had contacted IO? I am in the same boat and the customer service people just won't transfer my call to IO saying that since the published date is before my receipt date, there is nothing they can do. It's so annoying that an H1-B extension can take so long :(

Just wanted to share an update. I got my extension last week finally after almost 6 months. Looks like they are finally started getting to the May cases.

One of my friend is also waiting for his Fresh H1, which was applied in April and selected in Lottery. Case status still shows as pending. I hope they should approve it soon.

My H1B status is still pending

My H1B status is still pending. Below is the info I get from Case Stauus Online. Is anybody has the same experience?

Application Type: I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER
Current Status: Case received and pending.
April 28, 2008, we received this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER
This case is at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location

pending appeal

Hello everyone

I am also in a similar position. My case was selected in the H1B lottery this year. I received a RFE on July. The case has been under appeal since October 18. This is the status message:

Current Status: Appeal/Motion/Certification sent to Administrative Appeals Office for review.

On October 18, 2008, we sent this case to the Administrative Appeals Office for review. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service.

My case is with the Vermont Service Center. The estimate indicated was 2 months. I am not sure if this case is an MTR or an Appeal. Does any one have any idea what the processing times are for either case ? Is there any thing I can do to expedite the processing?

Mine was a premium processing case.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

My H1-B application (first time) was picked in lottery this year and received EAC receipt from the Vermont service center dated May 8, 2008. Currently, case status for my application is pending.

-It is more than 2 months now, how long does it take for my application to process?
-Is there a time limit after which my application will be automatically rejected?
-Since the status is still pending, can I file for another H1 application in March 2009 from a different employer?

My current employer does not tell me why my application is pending for so long or what kind of additional material was asked.

I hope I get some help from this forum.

Here is the exact current case status as found in USCIS website,

Case received and pending

On May 8, 2008, we received this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you.

Thanks

me too. filed in May at Vermont. H1b renewal. got an RFE provided all the info. Pending since then.there is no sign off approval yet. May god bless us!
Going to switch to EAD in january(due to 240 day rule) in order to contue working.

I don't know why my case is still pending. It's been clearly more than 2 months. I hope uscis understands our anxiety. I even tried calling their number but they won't assist unless its either the employer or the associated attorney. I don't understand why they make these limitations. Seriously... may God bless us!

I too have the same problem. my receipt date is march 24th from vermont center and after 6 months i opened a service request i.e in september and asked for RFE on 30th september. provided reply before end of october but still it shows the following message
"Application Type: I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER
Current Status: REQUEST FOR INITIAL EVIDENCE SENT, CASE PLACED ON HOLD
On September 30, 2008, we mailed a notice requesting initial evidence in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence requested. Meanwhile, processing of this case is on hold until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the evidence requested and a decision is made, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your mailing address."
Can we open a service request again ?

What are my options?

My case for the H1b for last year is still pending. Since October the status indicates that it is with the Administrative Appeals Office. My employer is suggesting that I apply for a H1b again this year. Is this legal? I mean won't they detect with my SSN that I already have a pending petition. My employer suggested waiting till March and then applying. That does make sense but I'm unsure. Please let me know if you are aware of any laws regarding this.

If this isn't allowed what are my options? Any ideas? Please let me know. Thanks.

Forget 2 months it is now 4 months that my case is pending approval from the AAO. My employer's lawyer has said that I can't even apply for a new case this year unless USCIS. This is such an unfair catch. Its like they are purposely trying to make me lose my case.

Hi All,

I attended H1B Visa interview on Sep-25-2008 at the Chennai Consulate. After the interview,
I got a 221G Blue form and was asked to submit additional documents of Petitioner(my employer). I submitted all the documents as listed in 221G. But on Oct-23-08, I received another 221G Blue form stating "Additional Administrative Processing Required".
I tried to contact US Consulate in Chennai couple of times and I got reply saying its still under Administrative Processing. (My Notice Date from petition: June-11-2008.)
Later my case status got updated in online as below :
==============

Current Status: This case has been received from the State Department with a request we review it.

On March 11, 2009, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register.
============

After this whenever I called USCIS (800 375 – 5283), the customer care reprsentative sometimes just dropped the call after asking me to ask my employer to call but a few times told me that since my petition is an already approved one, I need to wait for 120 days from the time of USCIS review start date (which is March 11th as per the above online status).
I was waiting for July 11th which completed the 120 days and called USCIS, I got reply from them saying they don't know why USCIS has still not processed this case and also said that they will send a request to USCIS with the details I gave the representative. They gave me a new request number and told me that USCIS might take 30-45 days to get back. :( :( : (

I am totally disappointed with the way they are handling cases. I wish someone guides me what more I could do other than waiting for the 30-45 days. Do you think if my employer talks to them, they can give more information ? Also let me know if there is a possiblity that in this 120 days, my employer could have received a RFE and ignored it for some reasons.

PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!

H1B is filed by employer, so they should be the one to contact USCIS on your behalf. I know given the case status USCIS rep. might talk to you, however, thier access to the system is limited and they chances are less they will go above and beyond that is required in your case.

Please see the USCIS press release below,

USCIS Update: Case Status Inquiries with the Service Centers
WASHINGTON - U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has issued instructions on making inquiries with the agency's four Service Centers. Customers, community-based organizations and liaison groups should follow this guidance when inquiring about case related issues. This new process standardizes customer service and streamlines processing of customer inquiries at USCIS Service Centers. The step-by-step instructions are as follows:

Step 1: Contact the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283. The NCSC can assist customers, community-based organizations and liaison groups with case related inquiries. Before calling the NCSC please have available your receipt number, alien registration number, type of application filed and date filed. During your call we recommend that you take note of the following information:

-The name and/or id number of the NCSC representative

-The date and time of the call

-Any service request referral number, if a service referral on a pending case is taken

Step 2: If more than 30 days have passed since you contacted the NCSC and the issue has not been resolved or explained you can email the proper USCIS Service Center to check the status of your case.

-California Service Center: csc-ncsc-followup@dhs.gov

-Vermont Service Center: vsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov

-Nebraska Service Center: ncscfollowup.nsc@dhs.gov

-Texas Service Center: tsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov

Please note: Emails should be sent to the Service Center that has jurisdiction over your case. The receipt notice will indicate EAC for the Vermont Service Center, SRC for the Texas Service Center, LIN for the Nebraska Service Center, and WAC for the California Service Center.

When contacting the Service Centers by email you will need to provide the information outlined in Step 1. If the NCSC did not issue a service request after your call, please indicate the reason the NCSC representative did not issue the request.

Step 3: In the event you do not receive a response within 21 days of contacting the appropriate Service Center, you may email the USCIS Headquarters Office of Service Center Operations by email at: SCOPSSCATA@dhs.gov. You will receive a response from this email address within ten days.

I hope this above info. will help you if you have not got the answer back from USCIS.

Thanks,
Zia

Hi
I applied for my H1B (fresh) in April with the Vermont center. I have a receipt number. So far, the status remains in "Application Received and Pending". I am getting panic about this processing. Anybody can say, is it get approval or not? why they are taking this much of time??