H1B Renewal date

vine95050

Registered Users (C)
sorry for the repetition;

Ginnu and others,

How soon can one apply for H1B renewal - 6 months in advance? My H1b is expiring on Jan 31, 2008. Can I apply for H1b renewal in Aug 2007? Thanks for your time.

sorry for the repetition;

Ginnu and others,

How soon can one apply for H1B renewal - 6 months in advance? My H1b is expiring on Jan 31, 2008. Can I apply for H1b renewal in Aug 2007? Thanks for your time.
one can file H1 extension 6 month advance of I-94 expiry date

Last edited by a moderator:
one can file H1 extension 6 month advance of I-94 expiry date

Thanks, Ginnu. If I may ask you one more question.. My h1b six year is ending in March 2008. Is it advisable to file h1b extension or work on ead? If 485 gets denied (I hope not!), some people think that the extended H1b is not cancelled, but some do take the position that it does get cancelled since it's ultimately based on 485. what would you do? I'm leaning more towards renewing it for 3 additional years while the visa numbers are U. Thanks for your time.

Thanks, Ginnu. If I may ask you one more question.. My h1b six year is ending in March 2008. Is it advisable to file h1b extension or work on ead?
------better to file H1 extension and not to use EAD
If 485 gets denied (I hope not!), some people think that the extended H1b is not cancelled, but some do take the position that it does get cancelled since it's ultimately based on 485.
---------------if you have H1 extension and dont use EAD you are on H1 status if I-485 gets denied you are still on H1 status. H1 has nothing to do with I-485
what would you do?
--------I will file H1 extensions on time and will remain on H1 status
I'm leaning more towards renewing it for 3 additional years while the visa numbers are U. Thanks for your time.

- file H1 extension and remain on H1 status