H1b in US and want to move to Canada

nikishah.la

I am a citizen of India currently working in U.S on H1B visa for the past 4 1/2 yrs. I can stay and work in u.s on my h1b for up to 6 yrs. I didn't apply for my GC yet and now chances of getting my GC are very less.

I was going through the IT job market in Canada and it looked very promising. I want to know the how can I apply for work permit in Canada, if do not have any employment commitment from the country yet?

Also how fast is it to get permanent residency in Canada ?

Also while I will be working in Canada on work permit can my spouse work or the rule is same like US that dependents cannot wok ?

I was going through the IT job market in Canada and it looked very promising.

-- Where did you learn that IT job market is promising in Canada? In fact, job market in general, in Canada, is not promising at all.

I want to know the how can I apply for work permit in Canada, if do not have any employment commitment from the country yet?

-- Yo cannot apply for work permit without pre-arranged employment.

Also how fast is it to get permanent residency in Canada ?

-- Much faster as compared to the US.

Also while I will be working in Canada on work permit can my spouse work or the rule is same like US that dependents cannot wok ?

-- I think the rules are similar to the US - no one can work without a work permit.

For more information about the immigration process, visit: cic.gc.ca