H1B extention after 6 years (2045) Approved?

akar

Anyone in this forum with an approved H1B extention after 6 years (taking advantage of 2045?). we have seen several folks applying for it but none approved so far. Any ideas?

No Title

H1 extended for the 7th year using AC21 (S2045).

H1 (6 yrs) - Expired on 10/15/2000
H1 (7th yr) - Applied on 10/15/2000 at TSC
H1 Approved - 12/19/2000.

Thanks.

KumarS

No Title

Were you able to work between 10/15/2000 to 12/19/2000 while your H1 Extension was being processed? Did INS waive the H1 fee since it was your second extension? If anybody else have an answer, please do post your reply.

Thanks,

No Title

Hi KumarS
  1. Have you applied for your I-140 yet?
  2. Did you use the I-129 form to apply for the extension? Or, is there a different form for the extension beyond 6 yrs?

Thanks for your time.

No Title

Yes, pending H1 application was an okay status to work. Fee was waived because it was an extension.
Thanks.
KumarS

No Title

Yes, I had a pending I-140 since 6/00. Same form was used for 7th yr. extension. However, we attached the I-140 receipt notice and LC showing the 12+ month old PD.
Thanks.
KumarS

No Title

Hi Kumar,

I would like to know what additional documents do you need to send for H1 extension beyond 6 years (I mean apart from those sent during regular H1 extension).

Thanks,
Anand

No Title

I-140 receipt notice and copy of LC to show PD older than 12 months.
Thanks.
KumarS

No Title

I am married. Applied for H1 and H4 extension, together. Both got approved the same day.
Thanks.
KumarS

No Title

Kumar, you said that your fee was waived because it was your second extension. Was it the second extension at the same employer?

No Title

Kumar, you said that your fee was waived because it was your second extension. Was it the second extension at the same employer?

No Title

My wife\'s six years are expiring in a couple of months. She has an approved Labor certification (applied more than a year ago) and pending I-140. Can you please tell us what dosuments you attacedh with your H-1B app.(copy of I-140 RECEIPT, LABOR CERTIFICATION APPROVAL ETC.)?

No Title

Under what conditions does S2045 provide
grounds for H1-B extension beyond 6 yrs?

Is an approved/pending I-140 required?
Or a LC pending for 365 days or greater will do?

I have seen posts supporting both the above scenarios.
Can some GURU clear this up.

Thanks for your help
Suds

No Title

My understanding is that If you apply I140 you get extension no matter how old is your PD.

Is it true or one needs to have atleast one year old PD before exp.

No Title

For those who are interested to know, I have received my H1B
extension beyond 6 years using S2045. Here are the details:

H1B 6yrs expired on: Jan 5th 2001
Extension filed on: Dec 1st 2000 (RD)
Approved on : Feb 16th 2000 (approval recvd on Mar 1st)
Valid till : June 2003 (2 1.5 yrs)

Even though my new H1B is for 2 1/2 years, my attorney says it
is a mistake on their part. It should have been for a year and
I should just use it for one year.

Hope this helps the others on the forum.

- Apka Mitr

No Title

Hi Mitr,
        Did you apply for H4 for your spouse. Did it also get extended?
Thanks
Ramse