H1B Extensions: Lets track them

dcmetro22042

Registered Users (C)
I am sure there are many of us out there who are planning to or have already filed an H1B extension. Lets track them so that we can get an idea how long it might take for us to receive the extensions.
I filed my extension at NSC on Dec 14th. Receipt has yet not been issued.

Applied Nov 6, 2006 @California service center. still pending.. Website update on Jan 17, 2007 states processing applications as of Oct 31, 2006.

rmzm said:
Applied Nov 6, 2006 @California service center. still pending.. Website update on Jan 17, 2007 states processing applications as of Oct 31, 2006.
applied CSC Nov 21, 06 for 8th yr extension.
rmzm, can you pls post when approved?
thanks

7th yr extension.
Recd Date: 12/12/06 - CA Office

Case Transfered to Newark Office for Standard Interview.. this is somethign new.. has anyone heard about it

Gaurav

whoa. never heard of an interview for h1b extension. Maybe they want some document or information. Ask your lawyer. He better get some answers for you.

8th year H1-B extension I-129 reciept recieved at California Service Center on Nov. 27, 2006. As of now they are processing Dec 21, 2006 cases (I guess they skipped mine :rolleyes:). Attorney says once you recieve a I-129 reciept, H1-B status remains valid for 240 days until after expiration of current H1-B.

Delay H1B extension

hi ,

i filed for h1 3 year extension at California Service Center .I have an approved labor and I140.
Here are my details:

FD : Dec 15th 2006
RD: Dec 20th 2006

The status shows process pending.My employer keeps saying that ehy haven';t received any RFE's for my case.
But the current processing dates at this Service Center shows as Jan 13th.

Is there any ohter way to find out the exact status of my case?
Also is there anybody with the same reciept dates?If so, can you please share your statuses on these?

I would appreciate your help

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
As you can see from my post above, my I-797 renewal was submitted to the California Service Center on 11/27/2007. It's been over 4.5 months now and finally after repeated enquiries from my lawyer, I was sent an email saying my renewal is being held-up due to background security checks :confused:.

I was not aware that they do background security checks for I-797 renewals also, while I am still in the US? I thought that was done for H-1B visa stampings only. Last year my 7th year I-797 extension took just 2 months for approval. I've already had my H1-B visa stamped outside of the US twice in the last 2 years (first time required the 30 day security wait, second time took 2 days).

If they are now spending 4-5 months doing security checks for I-797 renewals, I'm afraid I should not risk going to Mexico in the summer for my H1-B stamping. There's so much un-predictability and uncertainty every step of the way, you can't plan anything properly in advance, until you get the green card :(.

Is anyone aware of I-797 security checks? Thanks for any information.

Here is my dilemma.
My 6 year expires on 06/30/07. Even if apply now for H1 extension chances that it will be approved before 06/30/07 are slim.
Now, here in Arizona, drivers license expiration date is your H1 expiration date - in my case 06/30/07.
How can I extend drivers license without H1 approval?

Anyone is/was in the same boat?

I filed for my 7th year H-1B extension petition with USCIS on Feb 17th, 2007 in reguular process. Application was sent to California center and today (04/18/2007) I got email notification from USCIS that my application is approved and mailed.

Thanks! Arvind

Try Maryland

Here is my dilemma.
My 6 year expires on 06/30/07. Even if apply now for H1 extension chances that it will be approved before 06/30/07 are slim.
Now, here in Arizona, drivers license expiration date is your H1 expiration date - in my case 06/30/07.
How can I extend drivers license without H1 approval?

Anyone is/was in the same boat?

Not sure if this is going to workout for you but you can give a try at Maryland MVA office. I am still on 6th year H1, applied for my drivers license in MD and got validity thru year 2011.

please check out qualifying documents required for applying drivers license in the state. Its pretty much known fact that MD-MVA is the slowest process/office on this earth. For me it took 8+ hours to change my license from NC to MD (since I had to stand in line to get non resident token..by the way they do this process in selected MVA offices, so check out the locations prior to visting these happening MVA places in MD..LOL!!)

good luck!
Arvind

Thank You.

Maryland will be just a little too far from Arizona :)
I think I will just need to spend another $1000 and go with premium processing.

My 8th year H1-B / I-797 renewal request was recieved on November 27, 2006 at the California Service Center. Finally after nearly 5 months, it has been approved. I was notified by my lawyer that this time it was under-going security checks. Last year my I-797 renewal came through in less than 2 months from the Dallas Center. Just an update for others who are waiting.

we filed 7th yr extention on 30th march at vermont for h-1 and h-4.got receipt notice but ,still waiting for approval.our visa expires on may 2oth.if its not approved by then can we still be in status with the receipt notice?if so for how many days?how long does premium process take?

H1B application RFE status

I applied for extension of my H1B in Oct 2006, received a very extensive RFE in Feb 2007, submitted all required documentation on April 28th. Does anybody know how long it takes to receive a decision from USCIS?

Binu

I got my extension!!!!

My employer contacted me today and informed me that, according to the USCIS website, on July 2, 2007, they mailed an approval notice for a 3-year extension of my H1B status. This was based on an approved I140, and, at the time of filing, retrogression of priority dates. We have not yet received a notice of receipt, but my employer called USCIS and got the receipt number from them.

snowns

Thank You.

Maryland will be just a little too far from Arizona :)
I think I will just need to spend another $1000 and go with premium processing.

Dryheat : Are you sure that we can apply via premium processing for 7th year extensions ? Do you know how long it takes via premium processing ?

Nakul

H1 7th year extn approved

Finally, my case has been approved, per the online status. It took almost 11 months from the date I initially applied for the extension and about 4 1/2 months from the date USCIS received my response to their RFE.