H1b extension issue

emailnaren

Hello,

My company happened to apply for an H1b extension. Since the reply was supposed to come late , they converted my existing case to premium processing by paying $1000. I was out of this country for a period of 2 months during my 6 years of stay here. I wanted to recoup my days here to extend beyond my 6 year deadline.

WHen I check my status on www.uscis.gov, my current status is

Current Status:

On August 2, 2006, we transferred your I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER to our office in VERMONT SERVICE CENTER for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in VERMONT SERVICE CENTER will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case.

THe company had asked for an extension till august 22nd of this month. Since they are scheduling an interview, what does one suggest I do. Please help

Naren

Any update??

Did we get an update on this. I have also been called for an interview at Newark, The status is same as this.

Can you let me know what happened to your case.

Thanks,
Gaurav

Did we get an update on this. I have also been called for an interview at Newark, The status is same as this.

Can you let me know what happened to your case.

Thanks,
Gaurav

Just out of curosity, why are you guys getting called for an interview for H1B extension>?