H1B extension - I140 approved / applied for recapture

NewHarry

Registered Users (C)
My h1B is expiring on 10/12/06. I appllied for the labor on November 1st 2005. Since I 'm short of 1 year, my company has applied to Recapture the time i stayed outside US. After applying for recapture I got my I-140 approved.

I cannot file I-485 because of visa retrogression.

My question:

1. I already applied for visa extension for the recapture of time I stayed outside US. Before I get my Visa extension, Can I file for another extension with approved I-140?

2. How long is the processing time for the visa extension for the recapture of time ?

3.How long is the processing time for the visa extension with I-140 case?

thanks in advance!

In which service center did you applied? When was your labor approved and I140? Under EB3?
Thanks
AKIL

NewHarry said:
My h1B is expiring on 10/12/06. I appllied for the labor on November 1st 2005. Since I 'm short of 1 year, my company has applied to Recapture the time i stayed outside US. After applying for recapture I got my I-140 approved.

I cannot file I-485 because of visa retrogression.

My question:

1. I already applied for visa extension for the recapture of time I stayed outside US. Before I get my Visa extension, Can I file for another extension with approved I-140?

2. How long is the processing time for the visa extension for the recapture of time ?

3.How long is the processing time for the visa extension with I-140 case?

thanks in advance!

Same case with mine, I also completed 6 yrs and applied for recapture, and then applied for 3 yr extension based on approved I 140. So yes you can apply for 3 yr extension if your I140 is approved.

but my extension is stuck in security check and not rcd approval yet, and I am running out 240 days limit. but not sure how to calculate 240 days? from 6yr expiry date or from 3yr extension filing date?

can you tell me what happended with your case? and any advice on mine.

desibabe said:
Same case with mine, I also completed 6 yrs and applied for recapture, and then applied for 3 yr extension based on approved I 140. So yes you can apply for 3 yr extension if your I140 is approved.

but my extension is stuck in security check and not rcd approval yet, and I am running out 240 days limit. but not sure how to calculate 240 days? from 6yr expiry date or from 3yr extension filing date?

can you tell me what happended with your case? and any advice on mine.
If you are not sure how to calculate 240 days, how do you know “I am running out 240 days limit?”

Then the answer is you may continue working for 240 days beyond the expiration date of your current H1B status based on your pending H-1B extension.