H1B approved Oct 2009. RFE sent with Intent to revoke in Feb 2010

p_jay

I applied for H1-B visa in 2009 and got my visa approved and was eligible to work from Oct 2009. My employer has not assigned any project to me nor paid me but he did run my payroll for the last 5 months, i suppose. In Feb he received a RFE on my visa regarding the location and client details and many more questions. My employer adjudicated my case on March 16th and did not provide answers to any of the questions posted by the government, but suggested they use the information on file to make a decision. So.. now my status in USCIS is RFE and the site says that the Government will make a decision within 60 days. My employer did not mention anything to me until March 17th. Now I have no assignment to transfer my visa. What should I do?!
1. How can i maintain my status. Is student visa an option?
2. I had a L1-B visa which has an i-94 valid upto Oct 2010. But I resigned from that company. Will that be valid still?
3. If I get interviews now and need an employer(consultant) to represent me, will I have to wait for the cap or can i apply anytime because I had a valid H1-B for 5 months?

Please advice.