H1B Approval with no change of Status - Canadian Citizen

zrahul

Hi

I am a Canadian Citizen on TN Visa ( expiring Jan 2018) . I have got H1B Approved with no change of status. Valid from Oct 1 2017 - Sep 2020. To get my H1b stamped and H4 for my family do I have to book an appointment at the consulate or will I get this at the POE.

if this question has already been answered please link the Thread.

Thanks
Z rahul

Canadians in general do not need visas. You would just show up to a US port of entry with your H1b petition to enter into H1b status. If your family are Canadian citizens, they can similarly show up to a US port of entry and enter into H4 status.

Title 1: H1-B not a skilled worker visa: It’s a parasite for United States labor market

With greatest schools, finest research oriented education system and rich talent around the country, should we still believe that United States lacks the “skilled” workers. Let’s find it out with a question.
Is US failing to produce the skilled workers that US needs for its efficient economic system? If Yes, then another question arises: who else in the world has more resources to produce the skilled workers that United States needs?
US has 4,599 degree granting institutions. This is far more than most countries in this world. Inarguably, even the community colleges in US have better research oriented education system that provides the necessary skill for anyone to be successful in the job market. Yet, the real percentage of unemployed workers is unknown.

Title 1: H1-B not a skilled worker visa: It’s a parasite for United States labor market

With greatest schools, finest research oriented education system and rich talent around the country, should we still believe that United States lacks the “skilled” workers. Let’s find it out with a question.
Is US failing to produce the skilled workers that US needs for its efficient economic system? If Yes, then another question arises: who else in the world has more resources to produce the skilled workers that United States needs?
US has 4,599 degree granting institutions. This is far more than most countries in this world. Inarguably, even the community colleges in US have better research oriented education system that provides the necessary skill for anyone to be successful in the job market. Yet, the real percentage of unemployed workers is unknown.

Utter nonsense.