H1B amendment and stamping issue

amohale

Registered Users (C)
It's been a very frustrating experience. I have been working in US for a big retail corporation via a Employer -> Vendor -> Client setup.
My employer didn't file my H1B amendment. Amendment is required because i am not working at the location where my H1B was file (NJ). I had a sudden death in my family for which I travelled back to India couple of weeks back.
I had converted from H4 to H1 earlier this year and never got my H1B visa stamped. So well we filed the H1B amendment under premium last week and today I received a huge query regarding employer employee relationship and asking for a variety of documents. Which, all I have and can provide when needed but the problem is I only have till mid November to get back to US as my client will hold the job for me only until then.
My question is, can I go for stamping this week to Delhi consulate with this RFE on my H1B amendment with the current I797 form and get it stamped?
Would it show up on VO system that I have an E-E RFE pending and they will hold me off there also? I have all letters with me: Client verification, Job responsibilities, Pay checks, Vendor letter, etc I do not mind taking counseling from an attorney to sort this matter.
I have to get this sorted within this week otherwise I lose my job and possibly get stuck in Visa stamping and H1B amendment.
I have read posts and some of them said that I didn’t need to file amendment but my employer wanted to be “safe” and filed an amendment.
Seems like the world is conspiring against me.
:(