H1B 7th year extension with complication

great guru, i am giving an update about my status.

Your suggestion worked. I sent email to company counsel stating that I have been getting suggestions regarding this issue. So i asked him to file 7th year amendment extension.

I am little relieved after meeting with my manager. She talked to the company counsel and here's what he suggested for company to do:

Refile H1 stating the discrepancies now
or
Wait till March 06 to refile H1 stating the discrepancies

I know there is a chance of them to deny my case whenever I file. What do you suggest?

In the meantime I will be looking for other oppurtunities and will try to transfer H1.

Many Thanks!!!

yogkc said:
great guru, i am giving an update about my status.

Your suggestion worked. I sent email to company counsel stating that I have been getting suggestions regarding this issue. So i asked him to file 7th year amendment extension.

I am little relieved after meeting with my manager. She talked to the company counsel and here's what he suggested for company to do:

Refile H1 stating the discrepancies now
or
Wait till March 06 to refile H1 stating the discrepancies

Wait till March 06 and go for amendments. Do not spoil your present legal status now.
I know there is a chance of them to deny my case whenever I file. What do you suggest?

In the meantime I will be looking for other oppurtunities and will try to transfer H1.

Many Thanks!!!

Change employment in 7th year with LC pending

My Labor Certification is pending with Dalls BEC under EB3(2) RIR. I am already in 7th year extension, with the 7th year expiring in April, 06. The LC priority date is Jan 28, 02.

I have been offered an excellent career opportunity at a different company, which I don't want to miss. Can I transfer my H1 to this new company, and hope to get my 8th year extension based on more than 365 days that my LC has been pending from my current employer?

I obtained an opinion from an immigration attorney, and as per her its not safe, as, if my current employer then withdraws my LC or substitutes it to someone else, I will become out of status.

What do you think? Based on this document it seems I can transfer my H1 safely (http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/handbook/AC21intrm051205.pdf page9).
Also, will it be ok to then file a new PERM application? How much importance would you give to the loss of priority date?

Similar problem, o guru, please help !!!

ABOUT ME,
I came here in 1996 on F1
CPT in 1997-98 with Company A
OPT in 1998-99 with Company A
H1 since July 1999 with Company A
Priority Date November 28th, 2003
6th year ended July 2005
Got an approved H1 for 7th year with Company A till July 2006
Was out of the country while in H1 for 4+ months total (any ideas on recapture of time?)

NOW
I am with company A since first H1 in 1999.
Co. A filed for my LC November 03.
Company B applied for my H1 Aug 05.
An RFE was issued for proof of pending LC; and
dates and addresses of future service and; and
employer/beneficiary agreements and project contract agreements
We emailed the dallas center and got a screen shot of the LC Case status (RIR)
We got all the other paper work ready too.
We are sending that as the evidence.
What are my chances of being approved for H1 with Co. B?

LATER,
Co. B will apply LC in Perm asap, say October 2005.
(I am hoping EB2, but heard the chances are very less with EB2, pls. advise)

Assuming Co. B H1 is till July 2006, if the LC with Company A is approved then can I get an 8th yr extension with Company B?

Assuming Co. B H1 is till July 2006, if Perm LC is approved with company B, then can I apply for 8th yr H1 extension with Co. B, while being processed for I-140 ?

What are my options in July 2006 ? I am guessing I'll have cleared LC thru' PERM but then what do I need to do so that I dont have to leave the country and keep the GC process continuing?

GOD save the backlogged unfortunates!!!

I applied for my 7th YearH1B extention on Mar 2005. On April 2005 we received an RFE stating that I need to give them a proof that my LC has been pending for more than 365 Day, (eventhough we sent the receipt notice from the SWA).

As we havent heard anything from INS till Sept I upgraded to the premium processing and again I received the Same RFE asking for the same papers. This time we responded using the 7th year extention email from the phili center.

When I checked my status today here is the info I got

"On October 3, 2005, this case was reopened on a BCIS motion, and the case is now in process. It is taking between 10 and 15 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. "

I dont know what is going on. Is there anybody who can help me out.

I just wanted to update about my case so people can benefit in future. My case has been finally approved. I got the H1 extension till next year. I can finally feel sigh of relief after 3 months of awful experience.

My suggestion to the people who got the H1 approval for more than 6 years (beside h1 extension) let the immigration office know immediately and rectify it as soon as possible.

I would like to thank everybody whom I called and wrote many emails from this forum. I would like to thank especially great_guru for his advise. He was nice enough to meet me in person. Thanks again all..……

If you feel you need info from me, feel free to email me.

HAPPY DIPAWALI FRENS!!!

Question about H1

Hi,

I am in my sixth and final year of my H1. It expires in Apr'06. Meanwhile, due to dirty politics in the company, I am getting frustrated and planning to look for a job elsewhere in US. I have already applied for GC thru this company and my labor seems to be stuck in PBEC. My question is -
Can I join someother company now (after H1 transfer) and still get an extension for the 7th year assuming that my new/fresh labor will be filed by the new company thru PERM?

Appreciate your help in answering this question.

Thanks

7th year extension

Hi All,

Iam with company A filed my LC 2003 and my H1B is expiring in feb2006 Job situation in Company A is not so good.

I have a company B with approved Labour where they can substitute me.

My question is iam i eligible to go ahead with company B for filing my H1B extension and if so how soon I should file with Company B?

does it need any additional work for substituting LC?

I would appreciate all your answers

Thank You.

Finally you are in peace of mind. I glad.

yogkc said:
I just wanted to update about my case so people can benefit in future. My case has been finally approved. I got the H1 extension till next year. I can finally feel sigh of relief after 3 months of awful experience.

My suggestion to the people who got the H1 approval for more than 6 years (beside h1 extension) let the immigration office know immediately and rectify it as soon as possible.

I would like to thank everybody whom I called and wrote many emails from this forum. I would like to thank especially great_guru for his advise. He was nice enough to meet me in person. Thanks again all..……

If you feel you need info from me, feel free to email me.

HAPPY DIPAWALI FRENS!!!

If you are looking for a strong, genuine,reliable and a very professional company to join and to file your Green card through Perm, let me know. Generally labour and I140 gets cleared in couple of months. 180 new joiners already approved in a very short duration.

Mohit
mohitfl@hotmail.com