H1 visa stamp... can comeback on AP?

drjavi

Registered Users (C)
HI everyone...I am doing my J1 waiver job, recently I transfered my waiver job and going to start new job from 1ST march.... I already filed my NIW and through that I have my AP and EAD.... I am planning to go to canada for visa stamping sometime around may or june....now I have a question that if I go to canada and God forbid stuck due to security clearance(chances are high coz most common first name MUHAMMAD and country of citizenship is P A K istan)in this situation can I come back by using my AP and once process is complete go back, stamped my passport and re-enter on valid H1? Is their any issues in this plan....or anyone else used the same track plz share your experience...thaks

I am under the impression that one can't file I-485 while on a J1 waiver. Is that incorrect? How did you get your EAD/AP during your J1 waiver?

I applied for NIW in which you are require to work for five years in under served area....through NIW my attorney file AOS and on the basis of that I got AP and EAD

thats okay but I think you have to wait for 3 years of J1 waiver before you file for AOS. Anyway, it appears as though you have already got it approved.