H1 visa Refusal as Mumbai..

sath_us

Registered Users (C)
Look like this embassy folks have gone crazy.. they refused my brother H1 approved petitions .. under sections 221(g) .

He had all the documents ..none was ticked under them but counsellor added some comment as follows

- bring JOB description from the company
- more info company total revenue and #of employee
- fill out H1B petitions.

Although all the above was provided with petitions of approval..?

What can he do now..? he has already contacted his employer..?
I am thinking of writing to Dept of State...this looks to be some form of bias attitude by councellor..? they made a note on his appln.
( age 32 unmarried..) which he read it..? when they accepted his appn.

Don\'t you folk think this is some form of discriminations from US consulate..? Please advise..?

Discrimination based on what...

Submit whatever asked for again in a proper letter. Did he attach a copy of I129 filed?
You don\'t have any "rights" as far as the issue of the visa. The visa officer is the person who has discretion in this matter.

No Title

Making a Note in his H1-apps ( Unmarried & 28 Yrs Age)

I consider this as discriminations based on his age and Maritial Satus
May be they considered him as likely candidate who will come and settle down in US by getting married to GC holder or US nationals.

he needs to .....

He need to take all documents again in addition to a detail letter from the company stating clearly what he is going to do upon his arrival, why the company needs him at this point of time- in addition to copies of Financial reports and Income Tax returns of the company. Age factor, married or unmarried status are considered in visitor visas. In H-1B, these things does not matter. He is not coming on his own for vacation. He is brought by a company to work. Consulates these days want to know more in detail about the company and about the work a person will be doing.