H1 transfer - return of application

helpmezz

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My friend is working in US for over 2 years on H1 visa. He is planning to join another firm.

The new firm has filed his H1 transfer papers twice with Texas Service Center, under premium processing.

Both the time, they have been returned back by the texas center, with the note that New h1 petition (premium) are currently not being accepted. Even though this is a H1 transfer, we don't know why, it is being considered as a request for new H1.

Please guide what to do.
1) Is there something wrong with the paperwork.

2) The new company wants him to join ASAP without waiting for h1 transfer to be over. What should he do.

Rgds,
Mezz

well it might have to do with the start date, It has to be after Oct 1, 2004. for new visa,

but as you mentioned it is a transfer that should not be a prob unless it is from a non-profit to profit in which case it falls under cap.

The other reason can be that the paper work does not mention that it is the transfer not new H1 petition.

you need to consult a good laywer to go through the paperwork

Mezz - Did you get H1B transfer Approval?

Mezz,

Did you get your H1B transfer finally from Texas Service Center?

Mine is a similar situation where they returned the application saying - Masters degree cap reached. Mine is a H1B transfer and not new application.

Thanks.

Feb 31st, 2006