H1 Renewal

hudakchullu

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

How ,long does it takes to renew H1-B visa from Texas ?. My lawyer has applied in 18 July 2003. I was planning to go to India in December but look like it will take time. Also, I would like to know that can we go to St Louis and get it stamp the same day. I guess i will not have time to mail and sit 2 months to get it stamped.

Thanks in advance...

No you cannot get it stamped in St. Louis by paying a visit. In fact from St.Louis it is still transmitted to washington to get the stamp. So you have to risk it at home country..

Will be able to revalidate here?

Hi Friends,

My Current stamping in my passport expied on Oct 2002.

The new visa is that of a different employer that expired June 2003. I did not get this stamped in the passport.

The new employer had filed this visa for extension and I hope that I will get the approval by September end.

My question is will I ba able to get the visa stamping from St.Louis even though I do not have the current visa from the current employer stamped on the passport?

If I submit before Oct 2003, I will be within the one year. But I am bother about not stamping the previous visa from the current employer that expired on June 2003.

Your suggesions will be of great help.

Thanks,

Baskar

TX Center

From the postings on this board, seems to take about 5-6 months. I just received mine Friday Aug 22, application received at TX March 27 (so took almost exactly 6 months for approval).

Fed up, you can get it stamped thru St.louis, no problem.
hudakchullu you can get it stamped in either place