H1 multiple stamping from Chennai

sk_74

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

Can anyone share some insight on the procedure for getting multiple stamping from Chennai?
to be more precise
1) do we have to take a web-appointment at tt services (http://www.ttsvisas.com/) even for the drop-box option.

2) whats the time frame to get the approval in the drop box option.

any info would be helpful..

thanks,
-sk

H1 Transfer at chennai.

Hi,

I changed my job few months back and am planning to get my visa stamped in chennai in the month of MAY. Any help in this regard will
be great.

Regards
Laks

appt.ot required

for drop off box (see ttsvisas.com it is written in Bold)
Depends on the city where the passport needs to be returned (the address in your passport). Anywhere between 3 days to 10 days.

For H1 to H1 you have to use drop off box.

H1 to H1

Thanks for the info. My I797 has a new I-94 card.
Do I hand it to the officers while I leave the country.
What are the other documents they are asking now a days.

Regards
Laks

Recently got stamping fr Chennai consulate

You do not need to hand over your new i-94 on on your i797 instead you need to submit your original i-94 which was given to you while entering US.

I submitted original degree, marksheets, and the two reqd forms with recent photos and a copy of the whole set. Remember to take the complete copy of your passport empty pages included.

You should receive it b/n 3 to 10 working days based on your address.

Good luck!

Silly non essential correction:

Most probably your old I94 and the I94 that came with I797 are same (or cross indexed). So you can submit either or both.

Urgent................please help

Hi:
I came to US on A company H1B.After one month B company filed new h1B for me .since my A company did not give me pay cheque, my B company refered visa stamping at chennai consulate.my B company employer is telling that if my visa is approved ,I\'ve to go chennai consulate for visa stamping with in 180 days from the date of my entry in US.Is there any rule like this?Do I\'ve to go or if my old h1B is valid can I stay back.Is there any solution to stay back in USA legally with my old H1b visa(my I94 and visa are valid til Feb 2004).Will I face any problems at chennai consulate if I go for stamping

No Title

I am not really sure what need to be done in your case as I don\'t know the actual rule. But u\'r employer is right. There is some such rule. Talk to a lawyer. As long as there is new H1 filed on your name and you become an employee of the company it\'s legal to stay in the country. Your old H1 will be invalid if your old employer has revoked it at INS.

H1 stamping at chennai..

Is original I -797 of the previous H1 is important, to get my H1 transfer stamped at chennai.

Documents that are needed to submit for H1 revalidation in Chennai

I would like to know the documents that are needed to submit for H1 revalidation in Chennai. I know I need to submit few things like DS156, DS157 and I797.

I would like to know the additional documents apart from the above mentioned documents.

Thanks in advance

I think you do..

need to hand over the new I-94 which you got with the new I-797.
If you read on I-797, the instructions state that you should take off the I-94 piece and staple it to the existing I-94 in your passport. This way, when you leave USA, you will surrender them all. You will get new I-94 when you re-enter. Surely, you should keep copies of I-797 including the front and back side of the new I-94, which will be used for re-stamping of your passport. All this is stated in the I-797.