H1 for NM technologists

diligent_tech

I am 21 years of age and currently on an expired H4 visa. I will be done with my Associates in Nuclear Medicine degree in May 2007 from an accredited institution in the United States. I will then be taking NMTCB/ARRT (board exams) to be a certified nuclear medicine technologist (employment for this field is expected to grow faster than average). Is it possible for me to get an H1 visa if a hospital accepts to hire me (is it possible that the institution that hires me would help me obtain my H1 visa)??

Thanks in advance

yes, u can

yes you can get the h1b for nuclear medicine tech. we got the visa 3 years ago, but u have BS degree. otherwise its very difficult. if u want any more informaition let me know.

need help

my husband is a doctor( has not pass USMLE).he wants to get H1B would appreciae if u guide us is there in possiblity for him to get H1B in any medical field.

kab901 said:
my husband is a doctor( has not pass USMLE).he wants to get H1B would appreciae if u guide us is there in possiblity for him to get H1B in any medical field.

As a doctor he will not get an H1. (USA license is required to practice)

If he has any other degree, based on that he may qualify for a speciality occupation which does not require any USA licenses.

He might be able to get a job in a research lab requiring a bachelors degree or higher. Then he would qualify for an H1b, but not to work as a doctor. If he wants to work as a doc, he will have to pass USMLE 1,2ck,2cs,3 in order to obtain an H1b.