H1 ext, approved for 1 year instead for 3year

bplboy

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I have applied for 8th year H1 extension based on my 140 approval notice, but today I have recevied the e-mail and it says valid only for 1 year. Is this normal or can I do some thing about it? Has any one else with same expereince?

Thanks

approved for 1 year instead for 3year - Applied for amendment

I've the same situation. My petition was filed in Premium processing on 22nd June which got approved on 29th June 2007. Even though I was eligible for 3 year extension based on my I-140 approved and PD not current on June 29th 2006, USCIS gave me a 1 year extension (Valid upto June 28th 2008). I raised the issue with my attorney and she said that she will file for an amendment which she did during 3rd week of July 2007 I guess..

Today (July 31st 2007) when I check my status online, I saw following message:

Current Status: We mailed you an amended notice.

On July 30, 2007, an amended notice on this case was mailed describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before receiving our notice, call customer service. If this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER is still pending, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. If this case is still pending, we process each kind of case in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below for current processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I'm not sure what's in it.. BUT if anyone has any clue.. please let me know as to what this message means.. I'm curious.. until I get it from my attorney..

USCIS made correction

Hi Folks.. My paralegal emailed me indicating that they have received the corrected petition that's valid until Jun 2010.. so they corrected it to be valid for 3 years instead of 1 year.. My case was filed in Premium and correction was also done in 15 days.. so I guess same money was used by USCIS until this was finalized.

Hi,

My case has the same status showed online.
My case was approved on 8/1/2007 and the approval notice was sent, but it showed another update on 8/8/2007, saying that an Amended Notice was sent. I have no idea what is going on, since my attorney has no respond to my email. Please help.