H1 expired while extension still pending, can I continue working?

allaboutgc

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

My H1 status expired but the H1 extension application is till pending. Can I continue working? If yes, how long? Thank you very much.

Changing employer on 6th year

Hello,
I am in need of some help, and I would appreciate any advice/suggestions you may have to offer.

I am in the 6th year of my H1b, expiring on May 2006 working for company A. My GC (labour) has been pending for a year now. I recently got a job offer from company B, who will sponsor my H1b transfer, but wont file the GC now.
1. Can I file for h1b transfer and 7th year extension from company B, based on the GC being penidng from comapny A for 365 days?
2. Counting vacation time(out oif USA) and time spent on F1 visa (5 months) , I get a total of 1 and 8 months in the 7th year extension. So can I ask for 1 year and 8 months while filing for the 7th year extension?

Thank you very muich in advance,
Nil

nilanjankar said:
1. Can I file for h1b transfer and 7th year extension from company B, based on the GC being penidng from comapny A for 365 days?
2. Counting vacation time(out oif USA) and time spent on F1 visa (5 months) , I get a total of 1 and 8 months in the 7th year extension. So can I ask for 1 year and 8 months while filing for the 7th year extension?
1. yes you can.
2. yes.

I'm quite surprised that so many people is willing to change h1 job in 7th year. Nothing is wrong with that, but there is big risk if previous company revoked LC.

Nilanjankar : I agree with what gotpr? said. And yes, there is a big risk involved which depends on your relation with ur employer.

Brian D. Zuccaro: Thanks for the information.