H1 expired and extension req. pending, Travelling with AP - HELP

LabhoDibho

Registered Users (C)
My current H1 (and I-94) will be expiring on December 8th 2007. Have already filed for H1 extension (8th year) with receipt date as 27th September 2007 and is pending. In the mean time god EAD on October 25th and AP approved on November 26th.

I am traveling to India on December 31st with the family and I will return the end of January and the family in April. I will not receive the H1 extension before we return as the processing wait time is about 6 months now.

Will I (and my family) have any issues coming back using AP?

What should I take with me or any advise on this - very much appreciated.

carry your AP... don't lose it. I carried I485 receipt as well. This is in the extreme case that your case gets approved while you are out of the country.

thats about it. no issues using AP. very straightforward in fact.

*sometimes...they just put you in an isolation chamber, strip and use water boarding... a full cavity search and then, if you still want entry, stamp your AP and let you in*

Thanks airbird, will take the I-485 receipt as well.

And about the isolation chamber -- hmmmm, very funny! :)

carry your AP... don't lose it. I carried I485 receipt as well. This is in the extreme case that your case gets approved while you are out of the country.

thats about it. no issues using AP. very straightforward in fact.

*sometimes...they just put you in an isolation chamber, strip and use water boarding... a full cavity search and then, if you still want entry, stamp your AP and let you in*