H1- B stamping at Matamoros Mexico

arpitshah

Registered Users (C)
I saw so many thread on Candad and other places of Mexico stamping but do anybody have any experienced with Stamping at Matamoros?

My wife also wants to do stamping for F1 student. Do we need to get two seprate appointment?

Biggest concerned : I do have new H1 B extension paper and all docs are in place same with my wife but still they can deny the visa? If they deny than do we have to fly back to India right from their and reappear in India or they allow us to come back in USA?

What could be worse come worse scenario possible?

Appreciate your response.

I am in a similar situation with my H1b.

I came here on B1/B2 in 2003, converted it to F1, employer A filed for my H1b in 2007 and my name came out in lottery, transfered my H1b to employer B in october 2007.

I havent gone back to Pakistan since 2003 but thinking of attempting to get it stamped from Matamoros and visiting. I have heard and researched that Matamoros is the best pick amongst the locations to get it stamped and its the same day.

Please please please advise! THANKS!!

Sometimes they refuse to issue visas if its not your home country's consulate (i.e. they can't read some document because they don't have people who speak your language in the Mexican consulate). In that case you can not re-enter the US and have to return home to get the visa, except if you have a pending I-485 and advance parole. In your home country you will be issued your visa then. I don't think this happens a lot though.

Wow... This makes me feel hesitant to take that move of going to Matamoros. I have one more year to complete my masters and then apply for GC (that way I can travel easily under AP). I definitely dont want to take the risk of jeopardizing my career also. I have never heard of anyone getting rejected though at Matamoros but yes, it is still possible.

Can anyone please post his/her recent visit to Matamoros for H1b purpose?

You do realise that you will be eligible for an AP only after you submit your I-485, which may be years after your potential employer starts your GC process.

I have one more year to complete my masters and then apply for GC (that way I can travel easily under AP).

My employer is ready to file for my GC process right now but my lawyer suggested to complete my masters and file under EB2... I have heard EB3 is really getting stuffed up and effecting dates... My understanding is I can file for AP once I file for my GC process...

Oh ok so basically after the first two steps (i.e. PERM and employer verification)...

Thats why I wanted to get my visa stamped but thats a risk... Going to Pakistan directly to get it stamped is the biggest risk... Cant decide!

You can read here for different experiences. Essentially the time it takes to get H1 stamping done from Pak. is all over the map.
Thats why I wanted to get my visa stamped but thats a risk... Going to Pakistan directly to get it stamped is the biggest risk... Cant decide!

I have been on H-1B the day I entered in US i.e. 2000, renewing my H every time its require and staying with the same company, never been out of status - NOT EVEN FOR A MIN. I went to Pakistan in 2004 to get married on expired stamp but valid H. Me & my wife went to Islamabad for visa stamp and got rejected. I don't know how but Islamabad consulate called me exactly after 10 days of my rejection and asked me to reappear for an interview and I don't have to bring my wife with me just her passport. Long story short, i was interviewed for good 40 mins. and finally they approved my visa, they kept both our passports and told me that I will receive them in mail once they get security clearance. It took us 10 months to get our passports back.

Sharing my personal experience for all who are planning to visit ISB consulate for stamping.