H1 7th year extension

hodgkins

I have finished my residency and now staying as chief resident (used 4 years of H1). Got 3 year fellowship starting July 2010. How can I extend my H1 beyond 6 years to complete my fellowship (last year)?

Also what r the chances of refusal of J1 after using 3-5 years of H1?

Do I need to go on J1 from the start of fellowship or I can switch to J1 in last year of fellowship?

thanks in advance.

To extend your h1 beyond 6 years, you must have filed a Labor Cert or I 140 (if eligible) a year ago pending,to eligible for 7th year extention.

I have finished my residency and now staying as chief resident (used 4 years of H1). Got 3 year fellowship starting July 2010. How can I extend my H1 beyond 6 years to complete my fellowship (last year)?

Also what r the chances of refusal of J1 after using 3-5 years of H1?

Do I need to go on J1 from the start of fellowship or I can switch to J1 in last year of fellowship?

thanks in advance.

1. Talk to a good lawyer.
2. You can file a Labor Cert/ I-140 even for a prospective job. Then, file your H-1 extension.
3. You can possibly apply for an O-visa to continue your Fellowship.
4. But, must talk to a good lawyer - I would recommend Rajiv Khanna unhesitatingly, even though he is not mine - rather than just shopping for cheap advice here. Remember, you are likely to get what you pay for.