H.r.4437 - Enforcement Only Bill

jolpot

Registered Users (C)
Being passed by the house and soon will be presented to the senate. HOUSE is standing behind the title...there CANNOT BE anything related remotely to GUEST WORKER attached to this bill...as Prez Bush wanted.

For blow by blow account, our friends at numbersusa have done all the hard work, read on....

http://www.numbersusa.com/hottopic/4437.html

Major points affecting legal immigrants(sorry to be so selfish),

1. GoodLatte/Herseth amendment aka Lottery program gone...they may have to do something with the VISAS (Unfortunately, HAYWORTHS amendment was withdrawn)
2. MYRICK amendment : ALIENS caught DUI may be REPORTED to DHS and various other criminal databases...(this line doesnt specifically say, unlawful alien)

something tells me we gotta watch out for this bill...

Last edited by a moderator:
This bill is the last straw ....

jolpot said:
Being passed by the house and soon will be presented to the senate. HOUSE is standing behind the title...there CANNOT BE anything related remotely to GUEST WORKER attached to this bill...as Prez Bush wanted.

For blow by blow account, our friends at numbersusa have done all the hard work, read on....

http://www.numbersusa.com/hottopic/4437.html

Major points affecting legal immigrants(sorry to be so selfish),

1. GoodLatte/Herseth amendment aka Lottery program gone...they may have to do something with the VISAS (Unfortunately, HAYWORTHS amendment was withdrawn)
2. MYRICK amendment : ALIENS caught DUI may be REPORTED to DHS and various other criminal databases...(this line doesnt specifically say, unlawful alien)

something tells me we gotta watch out for this bill...

Guys and Gals,

If anyone had any doubts that this country has a set agenda against immigrants (legal and illegal) should put them to rest. Instead of focusing on the broken legal immigration process, they are making it harder and harder for immigrants to live here. Don't get me wrong, I am also against illegal immigration but lawmakers and anti-immigration forces are using the current wave against illegal immigrants to make sure that even legal immigrants do not get to stay here. It is a master strategy that stinks of double standards and open racism. All of this is skillfully hidden behind the guise of "National Security" and "National Pride".

The truth is that law makers are well aware of the difficulties faced by legal immigrants because of the useless system but they are not willing to fix it, they like the way things are right now. Very few immigrants can get their GCs because of the draconian retrogression and while legal immigration has been put on hold for a majority of filers, they are on an anti-immigrant legislation spree. We would be naive to not see through this. The only difference between the US and every other country in the world is that racist policies are implemented so skillfully and hidden so nicley that most people never even realize that they are being discriminated against. This in some ways is even more dangerous than open discrimintation because not only are we being discrimiated against we are also being considered as "dumb" people that will not see through these policies. Its humiliating.

I have just about lost hope for immigrants in this country.

regards,

saras76

I am seiously contemplating my options

jolpot said:
Brother,
I am with you one every single word you see. I missed the part about you getting tired of all this shit and heading home? ;-)
Did you mean every word of it or "sab chalta hai" prevails?

No offense and nothing personal. Normally, I wouldnt even bother to reply...curious on this occassion however.

jolpot,

I am tired of all this shit and am defenitely getting ready to leave by the end of next year. The only thing keeping me here now is that I have invested 6 years of my life to this damn process and feel that leaving immediately would be a total waste of those 6 years. Also if all of us who are legal and and trying to get our GCs pack our bags and leave for our contries then we are giving more stength to the racist policies by proving that they work.

Questioning what is wrong does not automatically mean that one has to leave the situation. One should be more concerned about how to bring about awareness of what is going on and help people in not making the same mistakes that a lot of us have made.

Sorry to say but it is attitudes like yours that most Americans take advantage of. Your line of thinking only strenthengs racist people to think that all of us immigrants have no other place to go and will go through any amount of shit to be here. That is not entirely true for all of us. We are here out of our own choice and came here legally. We are making money and have a lot of good plans for our future. We will stay here till we can and we will try to do what is best. MORE IMPROTANTLY WE WILL FIGHT RACIST LEGISLATION AND WILL CRITICIZE WHAT IS WRONG. No one can shut us up by saying that we should leave for our countries. If we are here legally then it is our choice to leave or not. We will not let ridiculous laws force us out.

I hope you better understand my point now. I think you missed it completely.

regards,

saras76

Ouch! that hurt.

As I said earlier, I didnt mean to touch a nerve. I am recanting however. Apologies.

Sorry ..

jolpot said:
Ouch! that hurt.

As I said earlier, I didnt mean to touch a nerve. I am recanting however. Apologies.

jolpot,

I did not mean to tear into you the way I did. I apologize. Yesterday was one of those days when I just couldn't control my anger. I tend to get very passionate about immigrant issues at times. Sometimes to much so.

The bottom line is that we are all in this together and are trying to better our lives. Lets help eachother, stay clam, keep our heads held high and work towards a solution. The fact is that only we can help ourselves.

cheers,

saras76

saras76.........i give you license to talk as you wish.....i can see that you are waiting since 2001......otherwise i find it difficult to stomach when people mix emotions with debate...

Guys and Gals,

If anyone had any doubts that this country has a set agenda against immigrants (legal and illegal) should put them to rest. Instead of focusing on the broken legal immigration process, they are making it harder and harder for immigrants to live here. Don't get me wrong, I am also against illegal immigration but lawmakers and anti-immigration forces are using the current wave against illegal immigrants to make sure that even legal immigrants do not get to stay here. It is a master strategy that stinks of double standards and open racism. All of this is skillfully hidden behind the guise of "National Security" and "National Pride".

The truth is that law makers are well aware of the difficulties faced by legal immigrants because of the useless system but they are not willing to fix it, they like the way things are right now. Very few immigrants can get their GCs because of the draconian retrogression and while legal immigration has been put on hold for a majority of filers, they are on an anti-immigrant legislation spree. We would be naive to not see through this. The only difference between the US and every other country in the world is that racist policies are implemented so skillfully and hidden so nicley that most people never even realize that they are being discriminated against. This in some ways is even more dangerous than open discrimintation because not only are we being discrimiated against we are also being considered as "dumb" people that will not see through these policies. Its humiliating.

I have just about lost hope for immigrants in this country.

I agree with that at all.I dont belive that politics in most advanced country in world cant realise the problems which we face, becuse of broken system.If they would like to be fair, thay should issue 8 times more visas, it mean they should let go 8 times more Peoples.....and then our peoces could take 1 year,instaed they exstend proces to 8 years approximatelly , and it mean THEY WILL HAVE THE SAME WORK DONE, BUT WITH 8 TIMES LESS IMMMIGARTS ...given GC.What about is that play, that play is : how to have work done, show carrot, and keep them on hook.becuse if they shut down any way of GC process by employtment, half of us pack suitcases in next 1 hour, in next 1 week could be out of this country, waiting for immigration in Australia or Canada.It going about immigartion, not about working visa.Working by internet, I can earn 2 times more...i lost in that way appoximatelly 300.000 dol in last 3 years...chasing mine dream call GREEN CARD.Now I am clever....
Elizabeth

Broken immigration system i agree............but somehow i am beginning to smell paranoia.........

come on people........things were great just 1 year back (atleast for EB2, EB1)....., of course nobody till one year even made it an issue.....

and who is going to fix the system if all the immigrants are sleeping....

90% of lawmakers do not even know that we are in a soup.......nobody knows that we exist....and you expect them to make a law.....