H-1B visas going to average Joes

Not average Joes

This report seems to view only one side of the coin. Which is anti-immigration policies.

Most of the facts are based on the "Talent Measure" which is not a very precise method. The author didn't try other methods of measurement. Rather this TM method provided the data he was looking for and suited for his purposes.
I don't believe the methods and metrics used were correct. He just trashed the H1B program and didn't talk about some of the good things. I am sure something good should be, but of course that's exactly what he is trying to avoid. This radical type of people have very narrow views.

I am under H1B since October 2007 and it was hard to find a job in the biotech field, even with a PhD in molecular biology. I have friends who can't get a job because they are not US citizens either.

Thanks for sharing this report. It is important to see the "other" side of the coin, and understand how these people "think". And of course, this kind of reports hurt the further approval of immigration reforms.

Luis