H-1B transfer vs. new application

goldminer

What\'s the difference between a transfer and a new H-1B application? Can one have two new companies transfer his H-1B at the same time from the current employer? I understand one can have two "new" H-1Bs applied, but I\'m not sure about transfers.

Thanks.

Multiple entry stamp from New Delhi, India

I will be getting a multiple entry visa stamped for my H-1 Visa in new delhi next week. When I checked the TTS Services website, they asked me a couple of questions like "have i been called for an interview at the consulate" etc. and determined "Please note that you have to submit your visa application via dropbox and are not eligible to make an appointment at the US Visa Section. And then it asks me to enter the address where I want to ship my documents etc and make an appointment when I go there and submit my documents.

What is this? Why am I making an appointment for what time and date my documents will be shipped to the embassy. I thought if I go to the US Embassy and drop them of there, this would be taken care of.

Also, during the process...when I entering the address where I want documents shipped etc., they asked me for petition no. and passport # etc. They also ask for passport # for spouse. My spouse has his own H-1 visa which he will get stamped in Malaysia (his home country). Do I still need to add his passport in the information...( I don\'t know) since he won\'t be getting his visa from there.

Answers to both

goldminer: you can have more than 1 transfers going on. But the problem is if you get company B first, but you really want to go to company C, it is better to wait till C approval.

jc1976. This is the new system. You can only drop off H4/H1 application. You need not give your husband\'s passport details. That is required only if you both are applying together at the same consulate. remember it takes between 4-15 days for you to receive the passport stamped depending on distance from drop off location and intervening holidays. You don\'t need to make an appointment for drop off. But if you make it you can be done with the drop off at the appointed time, otherwise depending on the crowd your drop off might be delayed.