H-1B Transfer to Company B - What documents needed?

wmarcel

Hello All!
I am new to this particular forum. I have a question I hope someone can help me with.

I have been working for Company A the last 3 1/2 years and recently got my second term for my H-1B approved until end of 2006. I was approached by another company a few weeks ago and I want to transfer my H-1B. They are asking me what exactly (what documents) they need to send/file to United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Do they need to file the I-129 form or any other particular form I am not aware of? This is the info I received from a friend of mine:

INFORMATION NEEDED ON THE FOREIGN NATIONAL
.NAME:
.DATE OF BIRTH/PLACE OF BIRTH:
.PRESENT ADDRESS:
.LAST OVERSEAS ADDRESS:
.SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER:
.COPY OF PASSPORT AND I-94 CARD:
COPY OF ALL H-1B APPROVAL NOTICES:
PAY STUBS FROM THE LAST 3 MONTHS
.DIPLOMAS & TRANSCRIPTS (WITH CERTIFIED ENGLISH TRANSLATIONS)

INFORMATION NEEDED ON THE PETITIONING U.S. COMPANY

.COMPANY NAME:
.FULL ADDRESS:
NAME and TITLE OF PERSON WHO WILL SIGN DOCUMENTS:
.LIST OF ALL ADDRESSES WHERE THE FOREIGN NATIONAL WILL BE EMPLOYED:
.TELEPHONE & FAX NUMBERS:
.FEDERAL TAX ID NUMBER:
.DATE COMPANY ESTABLISHED:
.GROSS INCOME OF COMPANY:
.BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF COMPANY ACTIVITIES:
.SALARY OFFERED:
.JOB TITLE FOR PROSPECTIVE POSITION:
.DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF PROSPECTIVE JOB DUTIES:
.TOTAL NUMBER OF COMPANY EMPLOYEES:

-Filing Fee of $185

Please let me know if there is anything I am missing so I can let the employer know what exactly they will need to file. Thank you so much for your help! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
H-1B transfer

Hi,

I am working in a university in H-1B, heading for a company. Can I join immediately to company after filing my H-1B transfer petition? Is there any CAP applies for tranferring university to Company? Thanks!

ZHUQ

The H1B for UIniversity is different from that of a company. Its a different ballgame as university H1 b doesnt come in the quota and cant be transferred to a company. You may want to ask more people.

ZHuq said:
Hi,

I am working in a university in H-1B, heading for a company. Can I join immediately to company after filing my H-1B transfer petition? Is there any CAP applies for tranferring university to Company? Thanks!
If the present h1 position come under university (non-profit) category you can not transfer your H1 to profitable company. You have to go for new H1, for that this yr2005 quota is over, you have to wait until Apr 2005 to file yr 2006 quota and you can start work only 1 Oct 2005
ZHUQ