H-1B Cap

Jim Mills

Registered Users (C)
Reliable sources have indicated that enough cap-subject H-1Bs have been approved or are in the pipeline to reach the cap for this fiscal year, and that a notice cutting off cap-subject H-1B filings is imminent.

AILA website. Access restricted to AILA members so a link would not be helpful, however, what I posted was virtually identical to their post.

Is H1 CAP applicable

My freind applied for new H1 under premium processing. He received RFE for the same. RFE is regarding company info. His lawyer will be repling with the info in couple of days. Is he under the cap since he has LIN number. What happens if USCIS announces H1 be cap is over. Please advice

Thanks

USCIS will tell us when they announce that the cap has been reached what they are doing with pending cases (It looks as if they are counting cases toward the cap as they come in so anything that is filed should be ok, but don't quote me).

On the good side, USCIS has apparently backpedaled, slightly, from their previous ominous statement. Now they say that the cap is near but it is too early to tell exactly when it will be reached.