H-1 tracker

monica1

Administrator
Staff member
Please post questions regarding H-1 processing time tracking in California Service Center in this thread

Thanks

HIB Transfer and Stamping/Travel Question....Urgent

Hi,
I have a very urgent situation out here, I have recently changed my job and I had applied for H1-B transfer at CSC. I need to travel India urgently and the H1B stamp that I have is of previous company (with Expiry somewhere in 2004).
I have only received the Acknowledgement Receipt for the transfer, but it is not yet approved.
Can I still travel to India on the Stamp that I have on my passport(of Old company) and come back to US with that?
Will there be any issue/problem at POE? OR Do I need to get the Approval for H1B transfer at any cause and then travel abroad?

H-1B transfer and stamping/Travel question

It is not advisable to travel while your H-1 transfer is pending. Please see the attachment :

not got H1 yet

My H1B application was filed in INS Cal center on May2. I have not got approval yet. Current processing date shows up to be May8. Can anyonegive me an idea by when i can expect approval. Will be of great help! Thanks in advance.

H1-B extension processing times!

My H1- extension was filed on the 6th of May. I happened
to call the INS Office at Laguna Niguel the day before
yesterday and the current processing dates mentioned
by the Immigration Information Officer was 04/19/02.

Please can you tell me from where you found out that the current processing date is 05/08/02 ? Also the new JIT reports for the CSC are very confusing, they just mention that processing dates for I-129 H1B classification is 06/03/02. Can anyone please explain what the current processing dates are for H1-B extension. 6 months is a very long period.

Thanks & Regards!

Premium Processing of H1 Transfer update

Hi,

H1b Premium processing at California Service centre updates about my case:

Case filed: 05th Nov 2002

Receipt date: 06th November 2002

Case approval email notification received: 12th November 2002

Email says approval petition follows in the US Postal mail.

They also approved the joint H4 petition with the same dates.

Regards,
surya

Hi..
Filed my h1-transfer on apr23.. no news yet...
Anyone aware of current processing time for INS california...
Any input will be help...

thanks

H1 Transfer

Hi Friends,

I have applied for H1 transfer on 2nd May 02 and got the reciept number on May 5th 2002.Till today I haven't recieve any info from INS and the most worried thing is if I check the satus online at www.ins.gov for my reciept number it says it couldn't find my reciept number in the database.Same result even if I check thru automated phone.

Can anyone help me if you have heard the situation like getting NOT FOUND reply for the reciept number???.

I am trying to talk to the officers at INS but I never succeed.Suggestion will definately keeps me happy....:)

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Ramesh

I think there are lots of people here (filed for h1-transfer..extension) during apr23,may02,may06,may09..... and waiting anxiously for approval, 6 months :-(

It's great vasu above was able to call CSC and get the current processing date for I129 as Apr 19.
Let's track this snail and keep updating the list whenever someone gets feedback from CSC.
Mine was filed on Apr23 and I will update the list once I hear back from CSC.....

Thanks

Hi all,

My h1 got approved on 15th Nov'2002.

applied May3rd
reciept date:May5th

H1 approved on 15th Nov.

So ppl applied in May2002 might hear decision soon.

H-1 extension approvals ????

Hi Folks,

Has anyone apart from Robby have their
extensions filed during 4/02 - 5/02 got
their approvals recently ????

Thanks!

H1-B processing dates going backwards ????

Guys,

From the last three JIT reports posted by
the INS, I guess they are prcessing the H1-B
cases backwards.

Report Date Current
Processing Dates
(I-129) for H1-B
classification.
========== =============
11/15 4/23
11/5 5/31
10/15 6/03

This really shows how efficiently the INS
works. My company sent a fax request, NO
REPLY to that! I am really frustrated with
this organization!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally got approval for H-1B transfer petition from CSC

Receipt Date : 04/16/02
Approval :12/02/02
(based on online-status)

I got info from my lawyer that in CSC, the H1B processing is on the back burner because they are scrutinising F1 Student Visas for security clearance and it may take 8 months for H1B Transfers and he also told me that in order to do Premium processing INS requires a letter from the company stating that the person has a good standing and long term employment, is this true ???

Another suspense.
I129 EOS- date just moved to May 31st from April 23rd.
Have any of you guys, who applied from April 25th to May 10th , received H1.
I need to go to India in 1 week and applied on May 2nd - JUST HOPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG

H1 premium processing

Does anyone know how long it takes for premium processing currently? My application went out 12/4/02 (this after waiting for 6 months for the regular application).

Also, is it advisable to travel to India in a couple of weeks and have my company send me documents there (assuming it is approved).

I had filed mine on apr23. My lawyer did a check with INS last week. They said they are currently processing apr 13 cases....
There is lot of redundant info here !!

nk01,

It's not redundant information but just
shows how pathetic INS is and how
shabbily it is treating the H1-B applicants.

No one knows what the current processing
dates are. I happened to call and talk
to INS officers a couple of times. According
to them my case should have been
approved more than a month ago but alas I
am still waiting and to all this confusion they
have changed the JIT report format.

4/13 is the processing date for which I-129
appication ? Is it transfer, extension, fresh H-1 ?

Sorry, nothing personal here just too frustrated. Waiting for a goddamn H-1
extension for 7+ months is ridiculous....

my old H1 has been cancelled.
I applied for new H1 thu california centre on May 2nd.
I need to go to India this week - my new H1 may not come till that time.
My laywer says one can come back on old visa - even if the H1 has been cancelled.

Is this correct ?