H-1 7thYr extension with PD < 365 days before H-1 expiration

No Title

Same thing - ie filing of labor cert (or I-140 filing, if LC is not required) should have occured at least 365 days (ie for a yr)before the 6-yr H-1B expiration date.

RFE

Filed for 7th year extension in 03/01 at NSC. Had no pending I-140 at that time, but LC was filed over a year ago. I-140 was filed in 06/01 and still pending. Just go an RFE asking about my I-140, if one pending.

Any comments and suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Any update on this approach?

I have filed for 7th year extension based on approved I140 from previous employer, not heard anything yet. Anyone else in same boat?

No Title

I think you RD or I-140 needs to be atleast one year old. Your I-140 may still be pending. I don\'t know what position the INS takes if your I-140 is approved.

7th year without I-140

Please let us know the outcome of your case . I am curious to know if 7th year extension can be filed for without I-140 having been applied at the time of extension application. Also anyone got a 7th year extension yet without applying for I-140?

Previous I140

r_ross: yours will be an interesting case as my lawyer says that we can NOT use the previous 140 since I am not working with that co..

Also the PDs are current, so either apply 485 using previous 140 or apply new LC with the new co. However, what if

7th yr without I-140

What you are saying is you have the LC approved, but haven\'t filed 140? why? and on what basis then you filed for extension?

I think it is required that you have filed LC or 140 and it should be pending. Mere holding a document/ inaction on your part may not help.