Gurus Help! Case under investigation (review)?

giedrys

Registered Users (C)
We had our interview in November of 2006 in Rhode Island (we live in Mass and they usually send people to Boston for interviews). The officer said that everything went great but he could not give us any answer until our priority date became current. Out PD became current in December, but we did not get anything. In March our lawyer told us that a bunch of cases got transferred somewher for further investigation and he did not give us any reason for that. Last month I called the 1-800 number and talked to CSR. She sent a request somewhere and I got a letter from Vermont Service Center saying pretty much that our case needs further investigation and if we do not hear from USCIS within 6 months we should call the 1-800 number again.
What is going on? How long does it usually take and what does it mean? Our lawyer said that he saw no problems with our case and it just happened to a whole huge batch of people.
Should we change the lawyers?
Thanks in advance,
Giedrys

giedrys: Seems like you are just another one from my Boat. I`m from Boston and also got this 6 mo letter (additional review). There is nothing we can do, just wait and Lawyers have nothing to do to help us out. The only good thing happened days ago. I saw LUDs on my I-765 already approved last April (11, 13, 15JUL06). My guessing is that they started my reviews on those days to see if they can approve my case without interview. Hope you see LUD on yours cases soon.

Usually when a case is transfered to local office .... its an indicator that the case IS NOT WITHOUT A PROBLEM ... sorry to say that, but thats the case when its transfered to local office. Also an interview is eminent at Local Office.

I have always seen people waiting for some extra months at the Local office.

Its a normal drill ... will just take some extra time .. nothing to worry about as you have done your interview.

Good Luck - Just a lil more wait

Well, if they had any questions to about the case, they probably asked them during the interview. Now they are reviewing it again. What gives? Can't hey just prcess the case, rather than shuffling it around?