==> JULY 2001 thread for I-485 Mailers to CSC (from 02/19/2002)

One more to the approved list

You can add my id also in the approval list. Approval date is March 13th. Hoping to go for stamping this week.

This Forum is really a great help and specially thanks to Pcee.

My case got approved Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Guys,
My case was got approved on 03/12 heard on avm and recieved approval notice in mail on 03/15.
RD:07/03
ND: 08/24
FP: 01/23
AD: 03/12

Hope everybody will get approved soon.....

Finally case is approved

Heard on AVM. "This case has been approved on March 18th ..."

RD: 07/05/2001
ND: 08/28/2001
FP: 1/11/2002
AVM: 1/17/2002 case is resumed.

PD: 03/18/2002

Hope you guys all receive approval soon .

Thanks all

Gordon

Did my FP today

Some people do go for FP after schedule date, I guess I\'m one of them :) I had appointment for 14th but due to work related issues couldn\'t make it that day.

Just a question to "FP process" experts, what is the probability of getting FP rejected ? The guy did try it multiple times when he was getting ridge breaks and technician also made him do couple of fingers again.

Thanks and once again congrats all of you who are getting approvals,
--sviv

Job switch

Two questions to the experts...

1) Does INS keep the I-94 document after passport stamping? I did my stamping this week and I din\'t get the I-94 back. Just wanted to make sure that it was not by error....

2) Is it OK to switch jobs immediately after approval? If not, how long is it recommended to wait? What are the potential risks of early switching?

job switch

it is not safe at all to switch jobs. The GC has been applied for you by your company and it is employment based and the INS has granted this because ur company needs a person of your job and people are not available. You have to show good faith for at least 6 months.

Have Circumstances changed between 6 months before ur adjudication and 6 months after ur adjudication - No I guess and it would be fraudelent to change so quickly.

However if you change and the period is more than 6 months after adjudication then INS finds it difficult to show intent and generally does not prosecute.

Stick it out - dont take a risk

answer to I-94 (Yes INS keeps this - You dont need it any more)

Job Switch

Thank you rgrc for the detailed reply. Very helpful info.
I just had one more question, perhaps you can shed some light. If you are allowed to switch jobs after 180 days from the date of your 485 application (AC21) without adversely affecting your application, why is it that we have to wait 6 months after approval?

job switch

The AC21 law was designed to cover cases who are not approved and have switched jobs.

This particular section gives relief to those people who have switched jobs and have not been adjudicated.

But AC21 law does not address people who are approved and wish to change jobs. The old method (please do not change jobs before 6 months) still applies to those people who are adjudicated and wish to change jobs.

Layoff

Thanks for the clarification. What about a person with good will get layed off after he\'s been adjudicated but befoer the six months period.

lay-off

You have to make your position clear if there is lay-off after adjudication.

You should get a letter from employer explaining that this is due to market conditions and less business or downturn in finances of company or losing clients etc etc.

This letter will help you if there are any enquiries from INS at the time of citizenship

<dev_null><WAC-270-55xxx><AD:3/19> (in PCee\'s July List)

Folks, I just checked the AVM. My case has been approved yesterday.

Details are in July thread.

Experience - EAD Card

It finally arrived yesterday.
Filed along with 485 in July, 01.
Got EAD approved on Nov 9. AVM msg updated on Nov 11. Recieved approval on Nov 15. Then kept waiting for the card, and finally AVM Msg updated - \'Card Returned back\' on Dec 14.
From then on, kept speaking with IIO (one officer infact called me home couple of times same day, when i spoke to her, and faxed me inquiry response letter saying - \'they will mail it again\' and then asked me fax \'appreciation letter\' to her supervisor. All this happened in Jan first week. No Card untill Mid Feb. Urgency on card was because My H1 was expiring in Feb end. My company agreed to keep me on payroll based on approval notice. But Attorney kept saying \'if card is lost in mail, we\'ll have to file another EAD\'. Went to SFO INS just before H1 expiration date, they said - \'cannot issue interim EAD\'.
From, then, kept waiting. Last night Card came in Mail. There is definately some light at the end of tunnel.