Grounds for I-485 denial

civ2ru

Registered Users (C)
If my I-140 EB-1 EA ("extraordinary ability") petition has been APPROVED by TSC, then I file I-485/EAD/AP based on that (my priority date is current), and I:

- Show up for my fingerprinting appointment(s)
- Don't travel outside USA before I receive AP
- Don't have any criminal records
- Have never been present in the USA unlawfully and have evidence of legal status
- Provided only truthful information on all forms,

on what possible grounds could my I-485 hypothetically be denied?

Thank you so much!

Last edited by a moderator:
civ2ru said:

You could become ineligible on health grounds, if you need to take another medical. Congress could abolish the EB-1 EA category, or change the eligibility requirements. USCIS could reajudicate your I-140 and deny it. The State Department could refuse to hand out visas to all nationals of your home country.

All are exceptionally unlikely. Based on what you have described, I wouldn't worry a bit.

civ2ru said:
If my I-140 EB-1 EA ("extraordinary ability") petition has been APPROVED by TSC, then I file I-485/EAD/AP based on that (my priority date is current), and I:

- Show up for my fingerprinting appointment(s)
- Don't travel outside USA before I receive AP
- Don't have any criminal records
- Have never been present in the USA unlawfully and have evidence of legal status
- Provided only truthful information on all forms,

Thank you so much!

You might also be pleased to know that interviews are EXTREMELY unlikely in EB1-EA category. I have a copy of the USCIS adjudication handbook and interviews are generally waived for the EB1 category, unless there is some gross anomaly in the application or fraud is suspected. I never got called for an interview, nor did I receive any RFEs through the process.