• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

green card (through DV lottery visa) for one family member...

angus

Hi everyone, I am new here. What I am about to post might have already been discussed, but I couldn't find it here, so sorry if you saw this before.
My wife got her green card through the DV lottery. I thought I would get it shortly myself. Turned out that the FBI was not able to "clear me" (or at least that's what I was told), in time and they ran out of visas. They told me I should receive an information notice, that my status is no longer legal, but nothing came since. We filed a petition to reunite with my spouse, but as it looks that is going to take a few years until answered. I was wondering if there is anyone here in the same shoes, if there is any chance for a class action start? Or if anybody has any ideas about a situation like this. According to some lawyers many others ran into this barrier last year, since the clearance takes so long after 9/11, even if your records are totally clean.
Appreciate any reply, thanx in advance.