green card sponsors for RN on h4 visa

dianasteve

Registered Users (C)
HI,
I am on H4 visa and attending a nursing course. I wanted to know if there are any sponsors who would be willing to get me a green card when I get my RN. I would appreciate any information on this matter. Also is work experience required for the sponsoring. Does anybody know of hospitals who sponsor graduates without work experience? Thank you. Waiting for the replies
Dianasteve

Get RN License FIRST

You need to pass NCLEX-RN exam first to get RN license. Check with your state Nursing Board for the qualification to take the exam. If your state needs your to take the CGFNS test first, don't take that test. Apply for RN license of New York state or California. After you get the RN license, you can transfer it to whatever state you want.

Moona

Re: Get RN License FIRST

Originally posted by Moona
You need to pass NCLEX-RN exam first to get RN license. Check with your state Nursing Board for the qualification to take the exam. If your state needs your to take the CGFNS test first, don't take that test. Apply for RN license of New York state or California. After you get the RN license, you can transfer it to whatever state you want.

Moona
Hi Moona,
I appreciate your eply. Thank you so much. I was reading your comment in another thread where it says that you got your RN four months ago. Did you do your nursing course here in the US or from outside? Please do reply as I havent met anybody with my situation yet, that is, H4 doing nursing course in the US. Awaiting your reply. Good luck with your GC.
Dianasteve

Hi Diana,

I got my nursing education (2.5-year nursing school + 3-year college nursing education) outside US. That's why I have to pass the language test to get VisaScreen certification. If you have at least two years nursing education and got associate degree outside US, you may not need to take nursing course here. CGFNS can certify your education.

I already went through CGFNS verification before I took NCLEX-RN exam. If you have no enough nursing education background, you have to finish your nursing associate here. However you don't take language tests if you have American degree even though you have to have VisaScreen certificate. Go to www.cgfns.org for more info.

H4 is okay to go through any nursing backaground verification and take NCLEX-RN. If you have to start from the scratch, you probably need 2-3 years to get nursing degree and pass NCLEX-RN plus VisaScreen certificate. Take your time and be well planned and prepared.

Moona

Originally posted by Moona
Hi Diana,

I got my nursing education (2.5-year nursing school + 3-year college nursing education) outside US. That's why I have to pass the language test to get VisaScreen certification. If you have at least two years nursing education and got associate degree outside US, you may not need to take nursing course here. CGFNS can certify your education.

I already went through CGFNS verification before I took NCLEX-RN exam. If you have no enough nursing education background, you have to finish your nursing associate here. However you don't take language tests if you have American degree even though you have to have VisaScreen certificate. Go to www.cgfns.org for more info.

H4 is okay to go through any nursing backaground verification and take NCLEX-RN. If you have to start from the scratch, you probably need 2-3 years to get nursing degree and pass NCLEX-RN plus VisaScreen certificate. Take your time and be well planned and prepared.

Moona

Hi Moona,
Thank you for the reply. I am taking the pre-requisites for nursing. will finish that the associate degree in 3 years. All the best for your visa screen & Green card.
Shinu

RN visa sponsors

Hi,
I read all your posting. I am on H4 and doing my nursing. Will finish this July after which I will give my NCLEX. But my question is
1. How to find GC sponsors for me
2. to get my visa screen, it will take 3-4 months. After which I have to apply for I 140/I 485 which will take another 3 months to get my EAD, I will lose 6 months to start working itself. Is there any other alternative by which I can start working. I cannot even apply for OPT since I am in H4.

Kindly advice, if anyone is aware of any other options

Similar Boat

My wife is on a similar boat. She will be completing the BSN course this July( fast track 1 year program) from Duquesene Univ and is on H4. No hospital in this area is ready is ready to sponsor her on H1. So she may have to wait 6-7 months before she can work......As for myself, my LC is filed in 4/2003 and I just received a letter from DOL asking if my employer still wants to pursue my case. This means that the chance of my wife getting EAD through me are still very slim.

H1B for nurse without experience

I will be finishing my BSN Nursing on May 2011 in US on H4 visa .A hospital ready to sponsor for H1B & greencard, but I have no experience other than clinical experience during my BSN program.How can I get H1B visa as the hospital ready for sponsor in my case? What will be the option in order to work in US?