Green Card Petition for Sibling

DVBeaver

My sister is a USC who is currently living in Canada with me. We are interested in filing a F4 petition for me within the next couple months. Our goal is to move to the US together when my petition is ready in the future.
I know the Family Based Green Card Category is intended for family unity. Therefore, my question is:

1) Can my sister still file the petition overseas?
2) Will the petition be rejected by USCIS based on the fact she is not currently living in the US?

Thank you so much for your kind attention!

1. yes
2. no
but she has to plan to move back to the US before or together with you, when you are ready to immigrate(specifically, she needs to be domiciled in the US for the affidavit of support). Note that the F4 (sibling) category has a wait of 13+ years for visa numbers for people born in most countries (longer for people born in India, Mexico, or the Philippines). If you are unmarried and remain unmarried, and are not born in Mexico, it would be faster for your parent(s) to immigrate first and petition you.

1. yes
2. no
but she has to plan to move back to the US before or together with you, when you are ready to immigrate(specifically, she needs to be domiciled in the US for the affidavit of support). Note that the F4 (sibling) category has a wait of 13+ years for visa numbers for people born in most countries (longer for people born in India, Mexico, or the Philippines). If you are unmarried and remain unmarried, and are not born in Mexico, it would be faster for your parent(s) to immigrate first and petition you.
Thank you so much for your help and suggestion!