Green card interview with false accuse arrest ??? plz help

slucker

Registered Users (C)
Green card interview with false accuse arrest ??? plz help

I am on f-1 i just got married recently evrything went smooth and evrything , the only problem i have is that i was arrested for like 3 hours (no finger prints or pictures were taken), because i was falsely accused by under age girl that i was trying to rape her at my work in wich my boss was their at the time..sound crazy..but yeah she called 911 the police came to my work handcuff me and took me in for an investigation, after 3 hours after they figured out that was all make up story they released me , never heard from them again, the thing is that i have my Green card interview in 3 weeks and im realy woried about to say or not that i was arrested?.. and do i have to be worried..

Thanks for taking the time and plz your opinions are very much apreciated

can you explain more on that point disclose the arrest plz

If you deny that you were arrested you will have committed a material misstatement to obtain an immigration benefit. In plain English, it means your GC will be instantly denied and you can never get one.

Get the police report and something official that states that the matter was dropped.

even tho that i didnt not give my finger print neither did they took picture of me when i talked to my lawyer he said that they will never know that uve been arrested since u were released like 3 hours later without taking ur fingerprints ...that why im here guys cz i am realy confused and my interview is like 2 weeks away ...plz feel confortable giving you point of view

even tho that i didnt not give my finger print neither did they took picture of me when i talked to my lawyer he said that they will never know that uve been arrested since u were released like 3 hours later without taking ur fingerprints

Your lawyer is an idiot. Did the police take your name?

i believe so in the investigation room but im not realy sure.
Others already suggested this and you need to do it without wasting time. Goto the police station and ask them if they have arrest record. 99% chance that they do. Get the information as official letter noting that the matter is closed/dropped because they found no evidence of wrongdoing. If they dont have arrest record, atleast they should have detained record. Police are good at keeping notes/records. Get all the records and specially official record/paper showing no charges were pressed as you are found not involved. Take it from there.

i forgot to mention that when i was filing my papers i did check that i was never arrested. and in case i mentioned that i was arrested im going to be conflicting with maself..im sorry guys but im just realy anxious abt this hall situation.

i forgot to mention that when i was filing my papers i did check that i was never arrested. and in case i mentioned that i was arrested im going to be conflicting with maself..im sorry guys but im just realy anxious abt this hall situation.
Does not matter what you stated in the application. Important thing is taking proper proof of no wrongdoing and declaring to officer at the interview about what happened (only facts) and show proof. Now, its your personal decision. Dont go by anyone's word. Decide for yourself if you are better off declaring it at the interview or having to worry about USCIS coming after you for misrepresenting yourself for immigration benefit.

i forgot to mention that when i was filing my papers i did check that i was never arrested. and in case i mentioned that i was arrested im going to be conflicting with maself..
You can correct that at the interview by telling them about the arrest (with supporting documentation). They're not going to penalize you for "conflicting with yourself" if you volunteer the correct information at the interview.

Slucker a.ka. OP,

Just visit the police station where you were held for questioning, ask them to run a database search under you name and print out any information which might exist under your name. If there is nothing, then ask them for a certificate of good conduct or something along those lines. The idea is to have a clear record which cannot cause a fire during the interview. :eek: Since you wereaccused to trying to enter the hole without a permission from the owner of that hole, then having a document proving the the hole owner made false allegations against you is a good idea. :) I am certain that you were not entered into any database because if she was a credible witness, the police would have told you that "you are under arrest", took a mug shot, detained you for days, and had a prosecutor press charge of attempted hole honey theft...:D

For your own peace of mind, go there as soon as tomorrow and clear this matter up. Please let us know what turns up, you cannot be accused of failing to disclose this incident at the interview, if you seek to amend this filing with proper evidence of no wrong doing. :rolleyes: In short, once you are cleared by your local police station, then relax and just disclose this information when you are being questioned by the IO, but chose a better time to disclose this info. Indicate to him/her that you have document showing you didn't even get to be hot...:p Why didn't you file charges against this woman for false allegations against you? Moreover, the police should have charged her with misuse of 911 system and giving false information to authorities. Also, she injured your character by these allegations, even if she was broke, at least she should have been forced to apologize and do community service...:cool:

inquire more

hey friend ..

if the charges were made to you documented in the records of police, then there is felony or accusation to you... but if nothing is in records in police then you are clean... well just recently shahrukh khan was detained at immigration center .. just becuase of alert screen on his records... so they did interrogate him... by he can't become accused or in felony...

so try to go to the police station where the scene was happened and ask for your reports.. see the reports and take it with you at the interview...

thanks

thank you guys verry much, im do that as soon as possible then im let you guys knw what the outcome is .

hey slucker what happened i am into the same kind of situation could u plz post me new details on ur case

well guys i went to the police station to get arrest record they told that you have to go to the bureau of investigation to get any document, so i went their first they told me that i need to fill up a paper and i also had to pay a fee buth that aint the case the only thing is that told me that i wont get official arrest record until 7 to 10 business days in which it will be after my interview, so that wont help any, but the thing is when i talk to one of the people in charge she told me that since they didnt take ur finger print you are not officialy arrested, so i asked her again if they ask me are u arrested what shal i say just to make sure.. she responds _say NO_ ...
so from her words i think i dont have to worry abt anything but i stil have to go my lawyer in the next couple days to make sure that all my paper works are straight ..im keep an update on this case ....PLZ feel free to make comment if you have point of view

I would disclose the arrest and wait for the documentation. The consequences for not doing so are too great.

The problem you face is that if your arrest got entered into the computers, it's likely that the USCIS officer is aware of it. Once you deny being arrested under oath, you have a very large problem.