Green Card in record time.... if you can beat the name check

Pinturicchio

Registered Users (C)
I've been reading around this forum for a couple of months now, but I wanted to save my contribution till after my interview.

I came to this country on a B2 this summer, met my wife, and got married on September. I was in need of the green card quickly because I needed to apply for schools and financial aid and loans and the like. We got married in Florida, where my wife and her family resided. I also had family in Florida...so basically the only tie I had to the US was in Florida. But I knew that immigration processing in Florida, and especially in Orlando is really slow, and waiting for an interview would normally take years. So I did some research, and decided to move to Syracuse, NY. My wife leased an aparment, we furnished it, changed both our addresses to Syracuse, got power bills for this address, cell phone contracts with the new area code, driver license, car registration, car insurance.... the whole deal.

I filed the I-485/I-130/I-765 on Oct 7th 2005. They received it at the Lockbox on Oct.10th. They forwarded my case to the NBC on Oct.14th, and my ND was Oct 14th. On October 25th, they sent me fingerprint notices both codes 2 and 3 for the I-765 and the I-485. The fingerprint/biometrics appointment at the Syracuse ASC was on Nov 14th. On Oct 25th, I got a letter for the interview appointment letter at the Buffalo District Office on Dec 5th 2005, 55 days after they received my application. I thought I'd hit the jackpot, because that was exactly my plan, move to Syracuse for fast processing...

I called the FBI number for fingerprints a week or so ago, they said they sent the results back to the CIS in 3 minutes....

The interview was yesterday, we drove 2.5 hours to get to Buffalo... and arrived 2 hours early just in case. There wasn't much to do to kill time, the temperature out was around 24! After passing through the security checkpoint, we were directed to a waiting room where we had to sign in. 10 minutes later, we were called in by the adjudicating officer. First we were sworn in, and then after checking both our passports... the officer asked to see some photos, we had brough like a 100... more than enough :) She then asked how we met, we explained everything.... She said everything is great, but my name check results still haven't come in....I knew my luck wouldn't be that good, I knew it was just too good to be a true, a green card (or a stamp) in 55 days....! She also approved my EAD and said I would be receiving it in the mail in one to two weeks.

That's it, she didn't ask for any utility bills, statements, lease... nothing. Just wedding photos. The whole thing took 10 minutes. She also gave me a number to call every wednesday so I would check if the results have come in or not. God knows how many times I will have to call that number before getting cleared :( That fvcking name check curse!

So here's my timeline again...

RD Oct10
ND Oct14
FP Nov 14
AOS Interview Dec 5
EAD approval Dec 5
Name check still pending...

hello,
can you please post the number that we use to chekc the name check status.Is it regional or anyone can call the number and get the nfo.
thanks in advance for the help.

rajeshch said:
hello,
can you please post the number that we use to chekc the name check status.Is it regional or anyone can call the number and get the nfo.
I remeber some1 posted FBI 1800 number somewhere in this form. I mean, we can either write/call. trywww.fbi.gov check it out

I need to comfirm that my fingerprints has sent to FBI. pain of the neck.

FBI: FingerPrint Status:
1-304-625-5590. Try not to ask a lot of questions.

FBI: Name Check:
You can call 202-324-3000 (Live Line) but chances are once you mention FBI name check, you will be transferred to 202-324-2399 which is an automated machine. It will tell you the process to inquire about name check status.

E-Mail: FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov
Main Line: 202-324-3625

ari4u said:
FBI: FingerPrint Status:
1-304-625-5590. Try not to ask a lot of questions.

FBI: Name Check:
You can call 202-324-3000 (Live Line) but chances are once you mention FBI name check, you will be transferred to 202-324-2399 which is an automated machine. It will tell you the process to inquire about name check status.

E-Mail: FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov
Main Line: 202-324-3625

U the BEST ari4u.
thanx

rajeshch said:
hello,

The number I was given was the local number for my district office. I called yesterday, the attendant just checks your case and tells you whether it was cleared or still pending. That's it.