Green card for a wife and her 16 years old child

Mayqueens

A us citizen wants to apply a green card for a wife who is already in the States and her 16 years old child who doesn't live in the States. Her child also has B2 visa. Should she come to the States and apply for a green card here? or if apply green card while she lives outside the States, can she come visit her mom with B2 visa? Does she have to go interview at a us embassy in her country? Her mom wants her to come wait here in the States any pros and cons?

thank you in advance

The US citizen would petition each of them separately (i.e. separate I-130s for the wife and stepdaughter). Since the wife is already in the US, she should do Adjustment of Status (I-485). Since the stepdaughter is outside the US, she should do Consular Processing at a US consulate in her country for an immigrant visa. The stepdaughter should not enter the US on a B2 visa with preconceived intent to file Adjustment of Status during that stay. The stepdaughter can try to enter on B2 for a visit if she intends to leave and continue Consular Processing abroad, but there is a chance she may be denied entry due to immigrant intent.

Thank you. In this case if the stepdaughter is waiting for a green card from her country, can she apply K4 visa? So she can come to the US to be with her mother.

Thank you. In this case if the stepdaughter is waiting for a green card from her country, can she apply K4 visa? So she can come to the US to be with her mother.
The mother didn’t come into the US on a K3 though, so how can the daughter be eligible for a K4

If the mother and daughter need to be together then the mother should really be waiting with the daughter in their home country and they can immigrate together.